05-09-12 – Happy Farktography Anniversary 7

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 05-09-12 – Happy Farktography Anniversary 7

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 92 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

It’s Farktography’s 7th anniversary! Post your highest vote getters or favorite photos since May 2011. Prior contest entries allowed but not required; Prior entries, HDR, stacked, stitched & text-added photos eligible only if used in a contest since 5/09/11.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Soooo really, this should be the anniversary thread as it’s the closest date to Farktography’s May 12th anniversary. Should we swap this for the anniversary thread and move the Rust theme to May 30, or should we shift everything back a week? It’s easiest to swap, but I can do either.

Barracuda
    Participant

I’m good with the swap idea. No need shifting everything and making more work for you.

lokisbong
    Participant

I have no problems if you swap them.

ennuipoet
    Participant

Swap is fine.

ravnostic
    Participant

Swap sounds good; was wondering about the anniversary thing.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Apologies for not getting things swapped sooner. Lots of rl issues in the last several weeks…

linguine
    Participant

Its not like this is a contest that everyones going to need lots of time to go out and shoot for.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Yeah, that’s what I figured.

Yugoboy
    Participant

Reminder for me, please (as it’s only my second one of these, and the last one was a year ago really shortly after I joined up).

Are these shots from old contests that may be entrants or B-sides, or is it anything I’ve shot between May 12, 2011 & May 12, 2012?

w11113
    Participant

I am the newbie. Don’t know what to do.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Are these shots from old contests that may be entrants or B-sides, or is it anything I’ve shot between May 12, 2011 & May 12, 2012?

Either/or as long as it was taken since the last anniversary contest.

The gist of this theme is a recap of the past year and a celebration of the top/favorite entries. With that in mind, most of the regulars re-enter previous entries, but to allow recent newbs to still participate, it’s not limited to that.

w11113, since you only have a couple of past contests to work with, anything you’ve shot since 5/9/11 is acceptable. It’s a wide-open contest.

The only limitation is that the shots have to abide by the normal Farktography rules UNLESS they’re re-used shots from a contest with a different ruleset. For example, you can’t enter a stitched panorama in this contest UNLESS it’s a shot that you previously entered in the 6/22/11 Volcanoes, Waterfalls, and Mountains contest which allowed them.

Els, just noticed that you’ve got 2010 instead of 2011 in the first post.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Almost forgot to add – Welcome to the forums! Pull up a chair and make yourself comfortable; there’s lotsa good folks here.

Barracuda
    Participant

Almost forgot to add – Welcome to the forums! Pull up a chair and make yourself comfortable; there’s lotsa good folks here.

+1. I’m fairly new around these parts as well. I think I’ve got enough decent entries to pick 3 for a recap of what I’ve contributed so far.

I will note that I appricaite getting Rust Never Sleeps pushed back till after my road/hike/bike trip later this month. Went out last night trying to get a few shots I had in mind, but from the quick review of the results this morning, not entirely sure any of them made the grade.

Curious
    Participant

Els, just noticed that you’ve got 2010 instead of 2011 in the first post.

fixed.

Elsinore hope you don’t mind that i fixed it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 92 total)
  • The topic ‘05-09-12 – Happy Farktography Anniversary 7’ is closed to new replies.