05-09-12 – Happy Farktography Anniversary 7

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 05-09-12 – Happy Farktography Anniversary 7

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 92 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Having just lost both our kitties in the span of 5 weeks, I’m open to any theme other than a kitty theme in the near future. Just gotta look through and throw some stuff in there. Astrophotography takes a lot more prep, though, so I’m more likely to schedule it for a ways out to give people lots of time. Of course, you can still shoot that eclipse in preparation for it, Rav.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Els, I’m guessing olavf meant to enable voting but forgot for his first post. Also, sorry to hear about your kitties. 🙁

hunches
    Participant

Thanks rav and yugo. I wonder what’s up with this monitor.

Sorry about your cats Elsinore 🙁

fluffybunny
    Participant

Thanks rav and yugo. I wonder what’s up with this monitor.

Sorry about your cats Elsinore 🙁

Not sure if it’s supposed to be but on my monitor it looks underexposed by maybe 4-5 stops. I can see the nose though.

I feel your pain Els. Coyotes have taken all of our cats since moving here,…
    Bobe, Bella, Kingsley and Penny. Can’t figure out how to stop them (inside only cats are a non option, they were inside/outside cats).

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Els, I’m guessing olavf meant to enable voting but forgot for his first post. Also, sorry to hear about your kitties. 🙁

Thanks (and to everyone else expressing sympathy as well).

I got olavf‘s entry envotinated and deleted NoBigDeal‘s pre-May 2011 entry (sorry, NBD–I love that photo!)

hunches: Your kitty photo looks dark/underexposed on my monitor as well. Lovely kitty, though!

fluffybunny: That really sucks about your kitties. A friend of mine has lost a number of her outdoor kitties, probably to coyotes as well. 🙁

orionid
    Participant

hunches A true OMG. That’s a great shot. I’d hang that on my wall.

CISS There’s a point there.

just KatEcho? I would not by default win. chupa packs a wallop. orionid will bring game, no matter what shift he’s working. U-Man‘s certainly experienced the long-exposure night sky adventure, and shoosh is always good for night skies, esp. with aurora.

I need to put my scope back together first…. and I’m stuck in appalachian haze until September or October….. December would be just fine.

orionid
    Participant

Elsinore: My Angel of Light photo seems to have dropped off. Timestamp should be right near the other two.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I looked, and there’s no Angel of Light anywhere, either vis or hanging in the ether. Are you sure you hit enter and not refresh? (having done that myself before….)

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

I can confirm. The scraper has only ever seen two entries from you this contest, orionid. And it doesn’t delete entries that drop off until the contest ends (on the possibility that they may reappear). The only way that’s possible is if 1) it dropped off almost immediately after being posted (between 15-minute scans); or 2) as Els suggests, it was never posted.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

And it doesn’t delete entries that drop off until the contest ends (on the possibility that they may reappear).

This is brilliant–thank you!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I need to put my scope back together first…. and I’m stuck in appalachian haze until September or October….. December would be just fine.

Do you really want to wait until Nov/Dec for that theme? (I don’t care, just trying to weigh options)

ravnostic
    Participant

Do you really want to wait until Nov/Dec for that theme? (I don’t care, just trying to weigh options)

I’m not opposed to waiting; it IS a difficult theme just by virtue of people’s equipment. Just so you know I’m gung-ho about it! Saw Orionid’s solar shots on FB; nice ones!

Yugoboy
    Participant

hunches – I’m home now, on another computer, and the picture’s showing up dark, but easily identifiable as a tabby cat. I would have been surprised had there been a problem with this computer, however… I’ve had some problems with Photoshops I’ve done with it being too dark… I’ve had to turn down the brightness a few times.

nobigdeal
    Participant

Thanks (and to everyone else expressing sympathy as well).

I got olavf‘s entry envotinated and deleted NoBigDeal‘s pre-May 2011 entry (sorry, NBD–I love that photo!)

Ugh…I suck LOL!

orionid
    Participant

Well, crap. That’s okay, I’ll just stay as a two-fer this week.

As far as Farkstronomy, I would rather wait. There’s a lot of big things going on this year that even the non-astro crowd can capture with regular equipment (like moonless meteor showers with a fisheye….) and I’d like to be able to get at least one deep-sky with my new scope.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 92 total)
  • The topic ‘05-09-12 – Happy Farktography Anniversary 7’ is closed to new replies.