05-09-12 – Happy Farktography Anniversary 7

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 05-09-12 – Happy Farktography Anniversary 7

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 92 total)
  • Author
    lokisbong
    Participant

Wow… this one snuck up on me. I’m too beat to even think about corralling the proper HTML to participate this week. I’ve got Rust never sleeps ready, but not this one… looking forward to voting tomorrow.

at the top of the fark comment box there is a series of button. do you know that the mountain range looking thingy second from the right will auto fill your HTML needs?

If it were not for those buttons I might have had to purposefully forget some music trivia or something to make enough room in my brain for learning HTML. lol
    It’s been a busy month for me with the new job so I just picked three I like from past contests that did at least passingly well.

fluffybunny
    Participant

Looks to me like Jack Kerouac needs to prune three entries out of six, do I see that correctly?

ravnostic
    Participant

I just came to post the same comment, fluffybunny!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Trimmed Jack Kerouac’s entries and also deleted TheOtherOne79’s HDR boat which was not used in a theme that allowed HDR (it wasn’t entered before at all).

Yugoboy
    Participant

Wow… this one snuck up on me. I’m too beat to even think about corralling the proper HTML to participate this week. I’ve got Rust never sleeps ready, but not this one… looking forward to voting tomorrow.

at the top of the fark comment box there is a series of button. do you know that the mountain range looking thingy second from the right will auto fill your HTML needs?

If it were not for those buttons I might have had to purposefully forget some music trivia or something to make enough room in my brain for learning HTML. lol
    It’s been a busy month for me with the new job so I just picked three I like from past contests that did at least passingly well.

Honestly, last night I was quite literally falling asleep at my keyboard when I wrote that. Finding 3 images worthy of entry in what would definitely be a “Best of…” contest was not in the cards.

It’s OK… the Scavenger Hunt will be an interesting challenge this week…

BTW – any chance of adding a few more hoppered themes to the schedule?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Yep. On my list of things to do today.

ravnostic
    Participant

Can we schedule Astrofarktography? I’m so excited; the solar eclipse is just 10 days away, and sunspot 1476, a whopping 8x the diameter of the entire Earth, will be on the limb. I’m hoping, praying for a solar prominence during the eclipse (probably won’t happen, but it would make for an awesomesauce image if it did!

//But I think the eclipse in itself might be contest-worthy.

justkat
    Participant

Can we schedule Astrofarktography? I’m so excited; the solar eclipse is just 10 days away, and sunspot 1476, a whopping 8x the diameter of the entire Earth, will be on the limb. I’m hoping, praying for a solar prominence during the eclipse (probably won’t happen, but it would make for an awesomesauce image if it did!

Why don’t we not, and just declare you the winner. 😉

justkat
    Participant

Let’s not and say we did. You won. 😉

justkat
    Participant

Let’s not and say we did. You won. 😉

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

NBD, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but isn’t Five Is Right Out an ineligible contest since it’s pre-last anniversary?

hunches
    Participant

Hmmmm, at home this picture was dark but here at work it’s almost completely black. Does anyone else just barely see my kitty’s nose? 😳

Emma by hunches, on Flickr

ravnostic
    Participant

hunches A true OMG. That’s a great shot. I’d hang that on my wall.

CISS There’s a point there.

just KatEcho? I would not by default win. chupa packs a wallop. orionid will bring game, no matter what shift he’s working. U-Man‘s certainly experienced the long-exposure night sky adventure, and shoosh is always good for night skies, esp. with aurora.

ravnostic
    Participant

The rest of you underlings, of course, would be outclassed…

//I keed. I’d be happy to help out on tips for astrophotography; I’m no Mr. Wizard, but I can give some good tips even with what limited experience I have.

Yugoboy
    Participant

looks dark but fine to me hunches… I can see the kitty just fine… a true beauty…

damn… now I miss Digit (our late grey tabby)…

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 92 total)
  • The topic ‘05-09-12 – Happy Farktography Anniversary 7’ is closed to new replies.