05-13-09 – Happy Farktography Anniversary IV

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 05-13-09 – Happy Farktography Anniversary IV

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

It’s Farktography’s 4th Anniversary! Post your highest vote getters or favorite photos since May 2008. Prior contest entries allowed, not required; Prior entries, HDR, stacked, stitched & text-added photos eligible only if used in a contest since 5/14/08.

olavf
    Participant

Cool. I was wondering what this was going to entail. I’m presuming this is a best-of-three then, and not a one shot?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

In terms of entries, it’s like any other contest. Up to 3 entries in separate posts. They just have to have been from the past year, either that you took them in the past year or they were used in a contest in the past year.

olavf
    Participant

Sweet. Thanks.

bucky_bacon
    Participant

So just to clarify (because I’m now required to do so nearly each week), we can enter a shot that wasn’t used in or didn’t fit into any of the contests just as long as it was taken during the last year? This changes everything…

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Yes, that’s correct. That was added to the anniversary contests to make sure that we weren’t excluding folks who were new (or newer) to Farktography. It’s very rare for us to have a contest that’s basically only open to people who have previously entered a Farktography contest.

lokisbong
    Participant

That rule was instated the first contest I first entered I believe.I have a few pictures I have held fresh in my memory for this.

mopsy
    Participant

By last year, do you mean 2008 or from 05/13/08 to 05/13/09?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

From 5/13/08 to 5/13/09. Since the last Farktography anniversary theme.

olavf
    Participant

Anyone else having trouble picking a #3 for this week? Ugh.

#1 I knew immediately, #2 came quickly too, but that third one is kicking my butt :/

corsec67
    Participant

Is moderate posterization an acceptable modification to an image?
    (Specifically, this)

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I dunno. It’s a cool image, but I think the posterization pushes it into the “cartoonish” realm that the rules specifically warn against even when using acceptable modifications.

corsec67
    Participant

I dunno. It’s a cool image, but I think the posterization pushes it into the “cartoonish” realm that the rules specifically warn against even when using acceptable modifications.

Ok, I will choose something else, then.

mopsy
    Participant

Anyone else having trouble picking a #3 for this week? Ugh.

#1 I knew immediately, #2 came quickly too, but that third one is kicking my butt :/

Yes! I have my #1 & #2 but I have three #3s. Guess it will be one of those last minute picks. Maybe I’ll take a look at what others are entering and make my decision from that.

olavf
    Participant

I ended up polling a couple of Farktographers and Farktography for input once I had the list down to three or so, which got it down to two with a light edge towards the one I was leaning toward as well.

Might do the same thing, though and hold off submitting that one for a little bit to see what else pops up though – but it’s unlikely that any of them will be similar to any one else’s.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 68 total)
  • The topic ‘05-13-09 – Happy Farktography Anniversary IV’ is closed to new replies.