05-13-09 – Happy Farktography Anniversary IV

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 05-13-09 – Happy Farktography Anniversary IV

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    staplermofo
    Participant

i’m afraid we committed arachnicide after i was done shooting it. can’t really be having black widows that close to the house.

I’d be more afraid that you can.

*goes off looking for wellingtons*

justkat
    Participant

hey corsec – i got myself a FF addon that makes it so that any link pops if i right click on it – no dealing with the pull down menu, none of that, and it doesn’t interfere with any other right click functions. so now when i’m not sure, i right click! and i don’t feel the need to strangle anybody, isn’t that nice? 😀

/also got a nifty one that makes any link pop next to the tab it popped from, which i think is tidy.
    //and it’s all thanks to you! 😛

justkat
    Participant

can kill it? spider spray. although widows are tough bitches, you really have to soak ’em.

soosh
    Participant

i’m afraid we committed arachnicide after i was done shooting it. can’t really be having black widows that close to the house.

shake those out before you put them on. spiders love to hide in dark places.

swampa
    Participant

so many people recycling contest pictures.

Oh hells yeah! It’s a chance for a week off 😛

U-Man
    Participant

hey corsec – i got myself a FF addon that makes it so that any link pops if i right click on it – no dealing with the pull down menu, none of that, and it doesn’t interfere with any other right click functions. so now when i’m not sure, i right click! and i don’t feel the need to strangle anybody, isn’t that nice? 😀

/also got a nifty one that makes any link pop next to the tab it popped from, which i think is tidy.

I’ve gotta go put jammies on a two-year-old (and I’m feeling lazy). Got links?

linguine
    Participant

so many people recycling contest pictures.

The first two years the anniversary contest was repeats only.

justkat
    Participant

I’ve gotta go put jammies on a two-year-old (and I’m feeling lazy). Got links?

this is how much i love ya U-Man – my history was too much of a PITA so *I* googled them

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/6539

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1956

and this one opens something of a virtual IE, it claims, though i haven’t tried it yet:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1419

and this one gives you a little preview window for your tabs; helpful for multiple TF windows 😉

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/6132

i set that one to half a second or something so it wouldn’t constantly be popping little windows at me everytime the cursor got anywhere near the tabs 😛

jpatten
    Participant

OK, well I put my most popular 3 back up, lets see how it goes!

soosh
    Participant

I can sort photos on my website by date added, so just did that and picked ones I liked best.

olavf
    Participant

I can sort photos on my website by date added, so just did that and picked ones I liked best.

I would have done that, but I’m in the process of building up the gallery still, so I actually had to get off my butt and do that for the last year or so before today :/

And I really wanted to use some stuff I hadn’t posted before for some arbitrary reason.

swampa
    Participant

Oh yeah, well I hacked my own database to find images added in the last year (login on is for wussies), then i wrote an algorithm to sample each pixel and compare it to the formula I derived from my results so far. Once I had a score for each image, I sent the results off to KPMG to be audited to make sure there were no mistakes.

Unfortunately I haven’t heard back yet … 😛

/Just used FSM portfolio as I was used to the old just post already posted images unless you are a n00b rule.

olavf
    Participant

Oh yeah, well I hacked my own database to find images added in the last year (login on is for wussies), then i wrote an algorithm to sample each pixel and compare it to the formula I derived from my results so far. Once I had a score for each image, I sent the results off to KPMG to be audited to make sure there were no mistakes.

Unfortunately I haven’t heard back yet … 😛

/Just used FSM portfolio as I was used to the old just post already posted images unless you are a n00b rule.

I’d meant to use the mayonnaise jar on Funk & Wagnal’s porch, but I haven’t been able to get over there recently.

U-Man
    Participant

This is how much i love ya U-Man – my history was too much of a PITA so *I* googled them.

Thanks. You rock. I told you I was feeling lazy tonight. The next search is mine. (I have been doing a lot of searches today because my laptop speakers suddenly stopped working and I can’t figure out why…:( )

I added the right click one to my laptop. In reading the description, I learned that I didn’t need it for my desktop. That has a middle scroll wheel that also clicks as a middle button. I bet there are only a few thousand things Firefox could do if I only knew about them. 🙂

justkat
    Participant

lol my laptop doesn’t have such a thing, which is why i needed that add-on. anyway, you’re quite welcome. =) sorry about your speakers, hope you get that figured out soon!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 68 total)
  • The topic ‘05-13-09 – Happy Farktography Anniversary IV’ is closed to new replies.