05-13-09 – Happy Farktography Anniversary IV

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 05-13-09 – Happy Farktography Anniversary IV

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    U-Man
    Participant

I know this is off-topic, but it should end here…

So I figured out why my speakers stopped working. (Lenovo x200, running XP Pro.) You know the little buttons that control volume up, volume down and mute? Well with this computer the up and down ones make the little volume slide bar go up and down accordingly. However, the mute button does NOTHING to the mute indicator. So one could mute the speakers with the button and the mute icon shows no change. One could then spend hours checking one’s device manager, uninstalling drivers and then searching and re-installing drivers without success. One could get mighty irked at one’s computer.

That is until one decides to just push the little buttons and see if that changes anything. VOY-LA.

/yeah, I know it is voila.
    //happy that I figured it out.
    ///Still a little pissed at Lenovo. 🙂

justkat
    Participant

oh my.

welllllll, glad you’re all set! =P

lokisbong
    Participant

Thanks for the FF extension links justkat. The right click thing seems to have done something to the clipboard function though( I can copy if I do the control thing but it wont let me paste any thing.? oh well thats fixable. There are a lot of excellent pictures again this week.. and year for that matter.My voting finger is tired now.

justkat
    Participant

Thanks for the FF extension links justkat. The right click thing seems to have done something to the clipboard function though( I can copy if I do the control thing but it wont let me paste any thing.? oh well thats fixable. There are a lot of excellent pictures again this week.. and year for that matter.My voting finger is tired now.

i seem to remember reading about someone having that problem, but i haven’t.

and you’re welcome! =D

lokisbong
    Participant

I think it is only copy n pasta links that are malfunctioning. which is a minor bummer but I will figure it out.

justkat
    Participant

I think it is only copy n pasta links that are malfunctioning. which is a minor bummer but I will figure it out.

i just tried what i thought you meant and didn’t have a problem, but i might have been wrong about what you meant. 😉 i hope you get it figured out!

corsec67
    Participant

Well, people like my highest vote-getters, again. Now if I could only figure out WHY they are my highest vote getters, and how to reproduce that in other themes.
    (For example, I don’t find my picture of my grey cats eye to be *that* interesting, but it is (right now) second in theme. And then the tree farm is all blurred at the bottom since we didn’t stop the fire truck.)

justkat
    Participant

corsec – i’m just wishing i had a time machine so i could go back and take those pictures* (and any number of other pix lol) with the knowledge that i’ve gained since i took them. better yet, with the practice i haven’t yet had to make the knowledge i’ve gained work! 😀

*the flower is a fairly recent one, but didn’t use any new knowledge, just a borrowed macro lense before i bought my own. =P

edited to add:

TO ALL:

i know i’ve been really really chatty in this thread and i apologize if this has gotten on anyone’s nerves. i’ve been having a rough few days and photography in general (and farktography in particular) has helped me from completely falling apart. nonetheless, i apologize.

linguine
    Participant

i know i’ve been really really chatty in this thread and i apologize if this has gotten on anyone’s nerves. i’ve been having a rough few days and photography in general (and farktography in particular) has helped me from completely falling apart. nonetheless, i apologize.

Don’t worry, this is a place to come and have fun.

monsieurstabby
    Participant

I’d be more afraid that you can.

*goes off looking for wellingtons*

can kill it? spider spray. although widows are tough bitches, you really have to soak ’em.

They are tough, I’ve drenched a black widow in WD-40 and it still lived, so I had to close the window on it a few times.

nobigdeal
    Participant
    wrote:

Don’t sweat it. Being chatty is what this place is all about. If we all sat here staring at our screens then this site would be pointless.

Hope ya feel better soon 🙂

staplermofo
    Participant

You know that “are to be seen and not heard” thing has fell out of fashion a couple years ago, right?

olavf
    Participant

staplermofo, you *know* you weren’t supposed to tell her that…

There goes my peace and quiet this evening :/

swampa
    Participant

Jeeze! Will all of you keep it down! Some of us are trying to sleep, errr work here 😛

j/k been enjoying the chatting 🙂

staplermofo
    Participant

staplermofo, you *know* you weren’t supposed to tell her that…

Er, ummm, I meant the new version allows for you to be heard vacuuming or saying things like “here’s your steak” and “sure, just let me brush my teeth first so it’s nice and clean”

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 68 total)
  • The topic ‘05-13-09 – Happy Farktography Anniversary IV’ is closed to new replies.