05-19-10 – Skylines

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 05-19-10 – Skylines

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Small or large, cities or otherwise. Panoramics & stitched entries are ok. Photos must contain man made buildings to qualify.

Theme suggestion brought to you by Kestrana–thanks!

corsec67
    Participant

“Or otherwise”…
    Does that mean that the car by Nissan would work?

orionid
    Participant

You mean the over-hyped car by Nissan?

lokisbong
    Participant

One of these?
    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3490/3998844945_538a3b5ff9_b.jpg
    Can it be a natural skyline like a tree line?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I suspect “otherwise” refers to smaller towns, not natural landscapes. But Kestrana can clarify.

Kestrana
    Participant

There should be something man made in the picture that is composing the skyline. Thus, farmscapes would be valid but not just a series of trees.

lokisbong
    Participant

Sounds fair. Thanks for the clarification.

ravnostic
    Participant

There should be something man made in the picture that is composing the skyline. Thus, farmscapes would be valid but not just a series of trees.

Okay if there’s just ‘one’ manmade thing? I have a thought of a mountain range, one of which has a big “<—Phoenix" sign on it (back in the days before there were many roads, it's how people knew they were on the right track and not just lost in the desert). It should look lovely at sunset–if it's okay to use.

caradoc
    Participant

Okay if there’s just ‘one’ manmade thing? I have a thought of a mountain range, one of which has a big “<—Phoenix" sign on it (back in the days before there were many roads, it's how people knew they were on the right track and not just lost in the desert). It should look lovely at sunset–if it's okay to use.

That’s actually for aircraft – the whole story is here.

ravnostic
    Participant

That’s actually for aircraft – the whole story is here.

Interesting, I did not know that!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I dunno, that doesn’t really say “skyline” to me, but maybe Kestrana can weigh in when she has internet again tomorrow.

I should also put her caveat about manmade stuff in the composition for the more casual Farktographers who don’t log in here…

Kestrana
    Participant

I really was thinking buildings, otherwise you just have landscape photography but im posting from my phone here and cant see the picture til tomorrow

lokisbong
    Participant

What about pictures of a harbor with almost no buildings but plenty of boats? And is a single building like a lighthouse ok?

olavf
    Participant

What about pictures of a harbor with almost no buildings but plenty of boats? And is a single building like a lighthouse ok?

Trinidad? If my memory serves, there’s a couple of really cool shots I could probably get. Along the bluff road towards the ocean, with the inn (?) on the right for example.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I added the man made building bit that Kestrana clarified.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 76 total)
  • The topic ‘05-19-10 – Skylines’ is closed to new replies.