05-19-10 – Skylines

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 05-19-10 – Skylines

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    lokisbong
    Participant

What about pictures of a harbor with almost no buildings but plenty of boats? And is a single building like a lighthouse ok?

Trinidad? If my memory serves, there’s a couple of really cool shots I could probably get. Along the bluff road towards the ocean, with the inn (?) on the right for example.

I live in Crescent City Ca. which is a tiny little town wit so many trees through out town getting a cool lookin skyline is kinda tricky. Most of my attempts end up looking like there isn’t a building in sight. Can’t afford to go to a place with a better skyline like a real city.

I was thinking something like this.
    http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1299/4609337223_94074df7fc_b.jpg

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I don’t see a problem with that, lokisbong. Kestrana can make a final judgment, though.

orionid
    Participant

Kestrana and I talked about a few things in the car on our trip, (because I asked if an endless expanse of telephone poles counted as a skyline, or if I could stich the megalopolis together). from what she was saying (“I just didn’t want to see a bunch of mountain expanses”), I think yours should be fine. She can chime in later tonight once we get hooked up at the house.

lokisbong
    Participant

Kestrana and I talked about a few things in the car on our trip, (because I asked if an endless expanse of telephone poles counted as a skyline, or if I could stich the megalopolis together). from what she was saying (“I just didn’t want to see a bunch of mountain expanses”), I think yours should be fine. She can chime in later tonight once we get hooked up at the house.

Thanks for the update. I will look again later to find out the final judgment.

Kestrana
    Participant

Buildings of any shapes and sorts are ok.

olavf
    Participant

lokisbong: My bad – suffering from geographical compression apparently :/ I’m more familiar with the area around McKinleyville, which is why I was thinking Trinidad.

As for your shot, I’d vote for it.

/and yeah…SF, for example is “only” 90 miles away…but I haven’t been able to get there either.

Kestrana
    Participant

Basically, think about your shot. If it falls under the category of “landscape photography” it’s not really what I was going for with “skylines” but since not everyone lives near a megalopolis I didn’t want to make it exclusive to only cities.

Kestrana
    Participant

And Lokisbong’s shot is fine, nice capture.

lokisbong
    Participant

And Lokisbong’s shot is fine, nice capture.

Thank you on both the verdict and the compliment.

staplermofo
    Participant

Can I get a ruling on this?

ravnostic
    Participant

I’m no judge, but if Stapler posts that, I’ll bet we’ll have already seen the winner!

linguine
    Participant

I vote for staplers shot counting.

ennuipoet
    Participant

I vote no. I don’t want to compete against that! 😀

That’s awesome, and nice thinking outside the box. It is clearly recognizable as a skyline.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I’m totally on board with that, ‘mofo.

lokisbong
    Participant

I hate to say it but I would vote for that also even if it kills my chance for a win ‘mofo

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 76 total)
  • The topic ‘05-19-10 – Skylines’ is closed to new replies.