05-25-11 – Puddytats 2: I Did! I Did See a Puddytat!

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 05-25-11 – Puddytats 2: I Did! I Did See a Puddytat!

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 145 total)
  • Author
    cameraflage
    Participant

Might they be using icanhascheezburger as a hosting site?

olavf
    Participant

If you have an account there, you can have a library of your own pics that you can share, or not, at your discretion. I don’t think it’d be that difficult to link from there. It might be worth asking them if that’s what they’ve done.

ravnostic
    Participant

I’d just like to say I like what the Caturday’ers are doing with our pics. Esp. my own (but I’m biased). Zucchini Lentil Casserole, lol! I’ll be off tomorrow morning from work and will join in on the festivities then.

mopsy
    Participant

Okay, so how do we see what’s going on at Caturday?

mopsy
    Participant

Okay, so how do we see what’s going on at Caturday?

mopsy
    Participant

If once is good, then twice must be better. I’m not sure how this happens. But it happens often with my posts.

Curious
    Participant

go here

go here

linguine
    Participant

If once is good, then twice must be better. I’m not sure how this happens. But it happens often with my posts.

There can never be too much caturday.

justkat
    Participant

I probably shouldn’t even mention this since it took me so long to verify it…. but andyofne’s 2011-05-26 12:12:18 AM post is a Scarlet R from the first go ’round of this contest.

And, of course, voting is closing in what, 4 minutes? 😛

I wouldn’t even have noticed, but I made a lolcat out of it back in the day. 😉

ravnostic
    Participant

Sometimes the voting goes on up to 7 am MST; maybe if Else is on the East coast it can be removed?

And there goes that U-man fellow, hogging up the top spots again!!

I keed. I’m glad the kitten on the white background moved into third; it’s my favorite in the contest overall. Shoulda been 1st in my eyes.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I’m not often up this early on a Sunday (it’s usually my day to sleep in), but I went to sleep kinda early and have to get grass cut for a get together, so the entry in question is gone. Thread’s still open, but I think even if it were closed, it would eventually filter out of the FSM in the next week if I removed it or disabled voting.

Even though the thread’s still open, the winner is pretty obvious: Congrats to U-Man this week!

U-Man
    Participant

Thanks folks. I got zip for the next two themes. Plus I’m on-call this week so I’ll be at work on Sat and Sun. I don’t think I’ll be archive diving for the scanner theme. 🙂

Rav – I agree. Maisy on white background is my fav.

ravnostic
    Participant

U-Man, it’s fantastic. I’d ask how it was achieved, but I know how to prod a kitten and the lighting setup comes out in the reflections of Maisy’s eyes. The rest is a stunning display of skills in chosing aperture, exposure, and lens for the wanted perspective.

And we all know you do that in spades all the time. But it’s SUCH a noteworthy photo. Completely publishable–thumb through one of them Cat Fancy rags and see if they have a monthly contest for $. I bet you’d win.

Ya’ll watch out for Puddytats III–“Revenge of the Hittthh!” I’m thinking allowing the farktographers caption rights; links to blanks for the Caturday people. And Blert’s neighbor buddies moved away; he needs a new playmate, and I need a new close-up subject. And some lights. And a white background. And…

I digress.

andyofne
    Participant

(deleted: Farktography: Previously entered image (Original Puddytats theme))

Oh, how embarrassing!

U-Man
    Participant

🙂 Thanks.

The paper is cheaper than I expected – http://www.pictureline.com/superior-arctic-white-107-x12-yds-seamless-background-paper-93.html?___store=default
    The lights…aren’t cheap. I tried using lamps with different bulbs without success. Everything was yellow-ish and it didn’t play nice with a white flash for fill. Maybe somebody knows how to do it without much $. But I don’t.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 145 total)
  • The topic ‘05-25-11 – Puddytats 2: I Did! I Did See a Puddytat!’ is closed to new replies.