06-01-11 – Urban Art

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 06-01-11 – Urban Art

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    bucky_bacon
    Participant

As I sit out the downpour, I remembered this guy. Would another version of this be in the theme spirit?

http://photos.imageevent.com/ulle17/fark/Iron-Man_0744.jpg

Yeah! I remember your story with that guy. That was one of my earliest inspirations for being more outgoing with photography. I think about it every time I’m laying down shooting something.

ravnostic
    Participant

I’ve just returned from downtown Phoenix, looking for shots. WOW–we have a graffiti alley (called Roosevelt Row). EVERYTHING is painted.

Don’t know that I’ll use any of it, but I also came across this mural, which I’m considering, though I may go with a more detailed, up close view. Not a panoramic, but rather a crop, which due to my f/settings, came out a little blurrier on the right than I’d like it to be. (But tomorrow is another day).

Posting not for the contest, but just for the cool urban art factor (at least to me.)

http://fossilspringsaz.com/pics/2011/may/30/img_6788b.jpg

Full size image, but downgraded quality so it’s only 343kb.

orionid
    Participant

Yes to both, U-man, but I have one similar in concept (not content or delivery) to your stop sign, and I think things like that would fare better in teh funnay rather than this theme. Just MHO.

Zero_Exponent
    Participant

Pope Larry II, the one that made me laugh most was “This is vandalism/u are gay”.

ravnostic thank you for reminding me about murals, there are a ton of them around town…

U-man I love Iron Man, looks like an iron golem waiting to be animated. And on the subject of humorous stop signs referencing one-hit-wonder rappers with questionable fashion sense, I would like to add: http://www.flickr.com/photos/42385982@N06/5774755928/in/photostream

geom_00
    Participant

Can I get your opinion on this? It is a work in progress, but just thought I could bounce some ideas off you?

I am trying this graffiti thing myself, and this is just a small sample of what I am going to do…

I am just wondering if you like this, or if I should just finish it, and post it for non voting?

ravnostic
    Participant

Decisions, decisions. Here are my bees:

http://fossilspringsaz.com/pics/2011/jun/01/bees.html

Curious
    Participant

well i’m going for stuff that is art but commissioned. this one i wonder about. it used to be on the roof of a catfish restaurant pre katrina. i think it’s both urban and art but what do you folks think.

mopsy
    Participant

Is TotalFark looking different tonight, or is it my computer?

olavf
    Participant

geom_00, I don’t really have a strong opinion either way about home-made graffiti. The only litmus test I can think about is where it’s intended for display, I guess.

mopsy they re-designed the page layout and it went live today. Apparently, we’ll get over it.

On entries: I’ve got two questions: what about things like ‘display art’ (store windows)?

ravnostic
    Participant

I noticed this, too, Mopsy; I knew they’d recently changed some things in there recently but it does look graphically different today overall.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

well i’m going for stuff that is art but commissioned. this one i wonder about. it used to be on the roof of a catfish restaurant pre katrina. i think it’s both urban and art but what do you folks think.

Looks fine to me.

Curious
    Participant

Looks fine to me.

thanks. it was that or some mosaic stuff from ocean springs, ms which i also like but will save for later.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

mopsy they re-designed the page layout and it went live today. Apparently, we’ll get over it.

There was a post yesterday with a preview link, which I fortunately saw; otherwise, my stats scraper would be crashing big-time tonight. Which leads me to wonder how FSM is going to handle the change…

olavf
    Participant

There was a post yesterday with a preview link, which I fortunately saw; otherwise, my stats scraper would be crashing big-time tonight. Which leads me to wonder how FSM is going to handle the change…

It survived pretty well the last time, IIRC. We’ll see.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

I hope so. If so, I’ll have to quiz schnee on his scraping techniques, cause mine are pretty tightly coupled to certain HTML attributes that changed significantly. Worst case, I can feed him my data until he gets a chance to update his scraper.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 99 total)
  • The topic ‘06-01-11 – Urban Art’ is closed to new replies.