06-13-12 – Photo Mosaics

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 06-13-12 – Photo Mosaics

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 120 total)
  • Author
    Kestrana
    Participant

Those are some very creative ideas. I’m fine with both of them.

mopsy
    Participant

I don’t usually make these kind of suggestions, but what does everyone think about moving the mosaic/collage theme to the end of the present list of themes. I really want to play with this and feel rushed. On the other hand this group tends to be procrastinators, so maybe it does not make any difference! 🙄

Yugoboy
    Participant

I don’t usually make these kind of suggestions, but what does everyone think about moving the mosaic/collage theme to the end of the present list of themes. I really want to play with this and feel rushed. On the other hand this group tends to be procrastinators, so maybe it does not make any difference! 🙄

I’m good with this. While I’ve got a couple ideas already, I’m always up for more time to play with a Photoshopping theme.

fluffybunny
    Participant

On the other hand this group tends to be procrastinators, so maybe it does not make any difference!

Is there a 12 step program for this?

orionid
    Participant

Create a photo mosaic. Photo subjects must be similar in nature. All photos must be your own. Ideally your mosaic will have 4 or more components. Normal Farktography rules apply to each individual photo but you may use tools to combine your photos that would normally not be allowed.

Another quality theme by kestrana!

Just to make sure I’m not out on a limb: No text, correct? Like If I made a mosaic of all my antique cameras, I couldn’t label them “Brownie Hawkeye Flash” etc., correct?

linguine
    Participant

On the other hand this group tends to be procrastinators, so maybe it does not make any difference!

Is there a 12 step program for this?

We’ll get around to making that.

Yugoboy
    Participant

BTW – before this gets posted as the link tomorrow (if mopsy‘s request is nixed), are we confident that “Mosaics” is the right word?

I only ask, because I’m fairly certain the vast majority of people not privy to this conversation will think and act exactly as ennuipoet did earlier. It’s not like I’ve got a much better suggestion, but with numerous members and 36 hours, I’m sure we can come up with something slightly more fitting if we want to.

Kestrana
    Participant

No text correct.

I don’t like collage either because that implies you have to layer photos and you don’t. If you have another suggestion, I’d like to hear it. Usually though, people take a cue from the first page of entries and that should help decrease giant mosaics.

mopsy
    Participant

From the silence, I gather everyone else is set to go. I’ll concede my suggestion to delay the theme. I’m still not sure which way we are suppose to go. Is the finished photo to look like ennuipoet’s or be similar items displayed like a collage?

Kestrana
    Participant

To re-explain:

Use 4 – 20 photos on a similar theme to create a single picture. If you can create a “picture in a picture” with 20 photos, fine. But that’s not the point of this theme. The photos can be layered like a collage, but do not have to be.

hunches
    Participant

Mopsy I’m not anywhere near set to go, I was just procrastinating agreeing that it’d be nice to have more time to prepare! I might be able to get one or two ready in time though.

ravnostic
    Participant

hunches, I wish I had more time to prepare for….”Vehicles”. Friggin’ vehicles!! I’ve been so busy with solar transits and eclipses, I haven’t a thing to wear to the ball tomorrow. If wishes were fishes, we’d all cast nets…

I’m planning good things for this (I hope Kes approves, I’m trying to put a porcelain face on an old sow), but I have *zip* for vehicles. Go figure.

//Hey, can we have the farkstronomy II contest nowz?

///AAND there’s a good question. Elsinore; the whole ‘can’t use an image again’ contest thingy–are all pictures in my mosaics disqualified for future contests? If so, I have some serious rethinking to do. I’ll be burning up a lot of images for this, and need to make the most of them!!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

//Hey, can we have the farkstronomy II contest nowz?

///AAND there’s a good question. Elsinore; the whole ‘can’t use an image again’ contest thingy–are all pictures in my mosaics disqualified for future contests? If so, I have some serious rethinking to do. I’ll be burning up a lot of images for this, and need to make the most of them!!

Sorry, but Farkstronomy will be fall/early winter this year. Just hold those transit pics for now. 😉

As for your question, yes, under Farktography rules, a photo used in one contest cannot be used for another contest unless the contest specifically allows it (like the Anniversary theme). Kestrana said she would be ok with repeats from past contests, but just like with the triptych theme and HDR themes, a photo used in this contest would otherwise be disqualified for future contests. I should probably note that as well in the updated description from Kestrana. Of course, in a big enough mosaic, that’s going to be a bitch to nearly impossible to police.

Not sure there’s any better word than Mosaic or Collage..they both have shades of meaning close to what the intent was, as well as connotations that are different.

I’m sorry I missed the discussion about postponing this. It’s probably too late at this point. Man, this contest really sneaked up on me, though!

Yoyo
    Participant

Create a photo mosaic. Photo subjects must be similar in nature. All photos must be your own. Ideally your mosaic will have 4 or more components. Normal Farktography rules apply to each individual photo but you may use tools to combine your photos that would normally not be allowed.

Also, can I suggest the word “montage”?

Just to make sure I’m not out on a limb: No text, correct? Like If I made a mosaic of all my antique cameras, I couldn’t label them “Brownie Hawkeye Flash” etc., correct?

Have you ever thought of making the labels using a printer, placing them next to the cameras, and then taking the pictures?

staplermofo
    Participant

Can we cut pictures to non-rectangles? Stars, letters, swastikas, circles, etc?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 120 total)
  • The topic ‘06-13-12 – Photo Mosaics’ is closed to new replies.