06-13-12 – Photo Mosaics

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 06-13-12 – Photo Mosaics

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 120 total)
  • Author
    powerfulkatrinka
    Participant

I have Photoshop Elements 9 and the dummies book to go with it. After much trouble I managed to get 4 flower pictures in one frame using layers. But I can’t figure out how to get it to the web. Save for web doesn’t seem to work. I usually use Flickr or Photobucket. I really feel like a dummy. 😳

Curious
    Participant

Just my opinion, but I think this theme should have been changed to photo collage, formerly mosaic for just the reasons being given. There was too much confusion between mosaic and collage. I thought the 4 to 20 photos was just a guide line to distinguished between mosaic and collage NOT an exact number. Again, just how I saw it.

i have no idea what you might call mine. it certainlt doesn’t match the 3 or 4 preceding it. perhaps i misunderstood what was meant by collage and did too much photoshopping. if so kill it.

in any event it’s all i got or will have for tonight.

Uranus
    Participant

Just my opinion, but I think this theme should have been changed to photo collage, formerly mosaic for just the reasons being given. There was too much confusion between mosaic and collage. I thought the 4 to 20 photos was just a guide line to distinguished between mosaic and collage NOT an exact number. Again, just how I saw it.

i have no idea what you might call mine. it certainlt doesn’t match the 3 or 4 preceding it. perhaps i misunderstood what was meant by collage and did too much photoshopping. if so kill it.

in any event it’s all i got or will have for tonight.

looks like 4 related images combined into one to me…

Curious
    Participant

But I can’t figure out how to get it to the web. Save for web doesn’t seem to work. I usually use Flickr or Photobucket.

the “save for web” feature optimises your photo for web posting and viewing. once you have saved it at 640 pixels wide and below 200 kb then upload it to your host of choice. i would choose photobucket for this tonight since flickr can screw with the size.

Curious
    Participant
    Uranus wrote:

looks like 4 related images combined into one to me…

which is what it is and was supposed to be. the others don’t look as photoshopped which was my concern.

we shall see. glad for your input, thanks.

Curious
    Participant

having taken an additional look i’m comfortable with mine now.

with just 25 entries there are lots good stuff tonight.

powerfulkatrinka
    Participant

Save for web gives me a .pse file and I can’t find how to convert it to .jpg.

mopsy
    Participant

I have Photoshop Elements 9 and the dummies book to go with it. After much trouble I managed to get 4 flower pictures in one frame using layers. But I can’t figure out how to get it to the web. Save for web doesn’t seem to work. I usually use Flickr or Photobucket. I really feel like a dummy. 😳

Don’t feel dumb. I spend hours just trying to get Adobe Photoshop layer thing to work and could not do it. I finally downloaded the free Picasa program and it was much easier. I then put my collage into a file and sent it to Adobe Photoshop and hooked up to where I normally size my photos.

mopsy
    Participant

Did something just happen to the enable voting on Fark? All of them are gone from all the entries on my monitor.

fluffybunny
    Participant

Yeah, my vote buttons went away also.

powerfulkatrinka
    Participant

They’ll be back when it goes to the main page.

U-Man
    Participant

OK. I finally got my trailer lights fixxored. I was going to sit this one out but…I just can’t. I have an idea and it hasn’t been posted yet so now I’m off to take some pics and then put ’em together.

powerfulkatrinka
    Participant

I had a brain storm and figured it out. It was too obvious.

Yugoboy
    Participant

Those of you who waited too long to do this and encountered difficulties figuring out layers and other elements of PS/PSElements, feel free to start a little earlier next time and those of us with a bit more experience mangling images will be happy to walk you through it. It’s not hard once you figure out layers. (Hint: if you’ve got experience with PowerPoint &/or Publisher you’ll have no problem.)

mopsy
    Participant

orionid, I really like your Peace graffiti collage. It would make a great poster!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 120 total)
  • The topic ‘06-13-12 – Photo Mosaics’ is closed to new replies.