06-13-12 – Photo Mosaics

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 06-13-12 – Photo Mosaics

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 120 total)
  • Author
    ennuipoet
    Participant

There is a lesson in this theme for me, that which I truly like the voters truly do not. I should have used Space Shuttle shots again 😀

nobigdeal
    Participant

Something told me not to bother this week. No votes…

Uranus
    Participant

Something told me not to bother this week. No votes…

There is a lesson in this theme for me, that which I truly like the voters truly do not. I should have used Space Shuttle shots again 😀

No shit.
    I was amazed that ennuipoet‘s B&W had zip five hours after the thread went live…

I did The Shocker for shits ‘n’ giggles, and thought it might raise a laugh+vote combo, but nada….

I seriously can’t believe (sorry predle) that some great entries are presently getting deep-sixed in the votes by those fucking cats…

emiliogtz
    Participant

I did The Shocker for shits ‘n’ giggles, and thought it might raise a laugh+vote combo, but nada….

It surely worked for me, yet my wife couldn’t understand why… 😆

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Well, keep in mind that quite a few votes come in Friday or later. Also, Farkers love cats. They also love the shocker, though, so I’m pretty surprised yours isn’t doing better; I thought it was funny….

orionid
    Participant

I don’t want to talk about it. I’ve had tanks and bad starts before, but I think this is my worst effort to vote ratio by far.

Yugoboy
    Participant

After uploading and checking out all the other entries (good stuff!!!) I’m glad I went with something besides the flowers. Would have been three (at least).

I certainly considered this before composing mine (from TIFs, 183Mb images take a LOOOOONG time to save!). But in the end, its the only other subject where I know where in my drive to find all the images, besides the astro-stuff. I’d be a-huntin’ pecker elsewise. I figured it would be up against a lot, though; went b/w to ‘stand out’. Yeah, hows that working out for me? 😥

Based on the fact that my substitution for the flower entry has got a total of 1 vote (and it’s not my vote) I think I maybe miscalculated.

Oh well…. a whole 5 votes each for the other 2… and one of ’em was out and out pandering for votes (the military graves one)…

U-Man
    Participant

Hey U-Man, that pic, the one with the two sides of you, is awesome.

Why thank you. I shot the pics and put it together wham-bam this evening. I wish I had started earlier and got it more ‘perfect’. But I’m happy with it.

So is it really just two actual pictures/exposures that you cut up in different ways to assemble? Or is it several of each “side”?

It’s eight separate pics. #8 is a bit of camo-shorts stuck in between my left leg and black shirt ’cause there was a gap I didn’t like.

I was stunned by some entries with 0, 1 or 2 votes this morning, too.

lokisbong
    Participant

Yeah I felt rather robbed when I woke up today and I still didn’t have even one vote for my cactus collage. I like it better than the cars one. At least my sunsets collage is doing okayish.

thepostess
    Participant

I voted for the cactus flowers, before I even saw this post.

Pope_Larry_II
    Participant

I was surprised to see my shot had shot up in the voting today…it had 2-3 when I checked yesterday, now it has 12. I’m happy with that, and confused at the same time.

U-Man, I love that shot, the only thing that would make it better is a Habs toque 😉

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I’m not going to be in a position to offer congrats until probably this evening, and the thread is still open, but I think it’s safe to say congrats to U-Man this week!

Kestrana
    Participant

After all the complaining about voting, the final voting tally is actually pretty “normal”. With 2nd place at 32 votes its actually more votes than a couple of my winning entries garnered in other contests.

U-Man
    Participant

Thanks guys. I came really close to sitting this one out. Then the composite U-Man shot popped into my head late Wednesday. I’m glad I did it.

Also, per Mopsy’s advice, I just downloaded Picasa 3 and used their collage maker. Easy-peasy.

U-Man
    Participant

Thanks guys. I came really close to sitting this one out. Then the composite U-Man shot popped into my head late Wednesday. I’m glad I did it.

Also, per Mopsy’s advice, I just downloaded Picasa 3 and used their collage maker. Easy-peasy.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 120 total)
  • The topic ‘06-13-12 – Photo Mosaics’ is closed to new replies.