06-13-12 – Photo Mosaics

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 06-13-12 – Photo Mosaics

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 120 total)
  • Author
    Curious
    Participant

I had a brain storm and figured it out. It was too obvious.

we knew you could do it. that’s why no one else posted 🙂

Yugoboy
    Participant

After uploading and checking out all the other entries (good stuff!!!) I’m glad I went with something besides the flowers. Would have been three (at least).

emiliogtz
    Participant

Hey U-Man, that pic, the one with the two sides of you, is awesome.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I normally stay up pretty late on Farktography night, but I’m wiped out tonight, sorry guys. I’ll check in on the thread in the morning; if you need anything urgently over night, feel free to send a farkback. I’ve scanned the thread and found only one un-envotinated entry (bob_ross), so I fixed that. Great stuff tonight, folks–catch you on the flip side!

fluffybunny
    Participant

I normally stay up pretty late on Farktography night, but I’m wiped out tonight, sorry guys. I’ll check in on the thread in the morning; if you need anything urgently over night, feel free to send a farkback. I’ve scanned the thread and found only one un-envotinated entry (bob_ross), so I fixed that. Great stuff tonight, folks–catch you on the flip side!

Hey El’s, I think he’s got four entries and had one “just for fun” without voting enabled,..

U-Man
    Participant

Why thank you. I shot the pics and put it together wham-bam this evening. I wish I had started earlier and got it more ‘perfect’. But I’m happy with it.

And I see that we had the same thought. Are the six shots of the pretty lady all for this theme? That’s a lot of make-up changing. It turned out really nice!

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Wow, some really creative stuff this week everyone. Particularly liked Uranus’ rainbow lightbulbs, emiliogtz’s car and U-Man’s two-sides.

I’m working out of town (again) so had to skip this one (again). Even worse, my backorder from B&H was finally delivered Tuesday and I’m feeling like a kid a week before Christmas…

lokisbong
    Participant

Those of you who waited too long to do this and encountered difficulties figuring out layers and other elements of PS/PSElements, feel free to start a little earlier next time and those of us with a bit more experience mangling images will be happy to walk you through it. It’s not hard once you figure out layers. (Hint: if you’ve got experience with PowerPoint &/or Publisher you’ll have no problem.)

I just started my three entries last night. I had a tutorial for some other gimp stuff in my bookmarks so I just went and looked up how to do what I had in mind and I think at least the sunset collage turned out almost exactly how I pictured it when I started. I really like all the different way people have done their entries. Gonna wear out my voting finger again this week it looks like.

Uranus
    Participant

I realise that I haven’t been around for a while, but this strikes me as a pretty low participation contest….60 entries?!

Nothing but cool stuff (although some do stand out a little more) and really low voting – some worthies getting zip at this stage. Is it just me, or has something changed?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Hey El’s, I think he’s got four entries and had one “just for fun” without voting enabled,..

Right you are–got it unenvotinated.

Barracuda
    Participant

Never got around to getting anything done for this contest. Recent computer reloads left me without anything other than Lightroom or Paint to work with, along with RL being a complete and total drain on my existence. Suspect the extra step of putting photos together is what is keeping the entry count low. Last week we had around 170 entries I think it was.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Why thank you. I shot the pics and put it together wham-bam this evening. I wish I had started earlier and got it more ‘perfect’. But I’m happy with it.

So is it really just two actual pictures/exposures that you cut up in different ways to assemble? Or is it several of each “side”?

emiliogtz
    Participant

And I see that we had the same thought. Are the six shots of the pretty lady all for this theme? That’s a lot of make-up changing. It turned out really nice!

Yes, all of the shots were for this theme. The original idea was pretty simple: have four girls show up with different make-up, take four shots, profit. But something came up and I had to re-schedule the session, a task that became mostly impossible.

So I switched to only one model and a crazy mix-and-match session.

Kestrana
    Participant

I realise that I haven’t been around for a while, but this strikes me as a pretty low participation contest….60 entries?!

Nothing but cool stuff (although some do stand out a little more) and really low voting – some worthies getting zip at this stage. Is it just me, or has something changed?

Yeah, ever since Fark went to the “two button vote” system, our voting has dropped significantly. They just went back to a single button a few weeks ago and there was an improvement in voting. This kind of theme requires extra work and preparation though, so I won’t be surprised to see under 100 entries and low voting, since low participation usually means lower voting.

ravnostic
    Participant

After uploading and checking out all the other entries (good stuff!!!) I’m glad I went with something besides the flowers. Would have been three (at least).

I certainly considered this before composing mine (from TIFs, 183Mb images take a LOOOOONG time to save!). But in the end, its the only other subject where I know where in my drive to find all the images, besides the astro-stuff. I’d be a-huntin’ pecker elsewise. I figured it would be up against a lot, though; went b/w to ‘stand out’. Yeah, hows that working out for me? 😥

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 120 total)
  • The topic ‘06-13-12 – Photo Mosaics’ is closed to new replies.