06-22-11 – Volcanoes, Waterfalls, and Mountains

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 06-22-11 – Volcanoes, Waterfalls, and Mountains

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 102 total)
  • Author
    Kestrana
    Participant

Really good stuff thus far.

And now I’m going to gripe for a bit. I didn’t have a whole lot on digital for this contest. I was going to scan some negatives and then real life got in the way of doing anything. We had a massive storm hit last night and have been without power ever since. It may be several days before we get power back. So we’re in a hotel tonight to avoid going completely insane in a hot, powerless, internet-free house.

That sucksl! Totally valid gripe. I would be nuts without internet too. Post your Bs here when you can at least, so that we can enjoy them.

Plamadude30k
    Participant

=D I cropped the tree to make the pic focus more on the mountains, but between us (nobody else listen!! 😛 ) I took the pic because of the tree. 😉

As for the last one: now I know more than I did before! I knew what freeway I was on, but not the name of the place. 🙂

It is a nice tree, isn’t it?
    https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/Qfvwc_ohZr9LHWFSI6mB4Q?feat=directlink

Over the past few years, I’ve been getting to know the mountains in the eastern sierra. I know a lot of the ones along the 395 pretty well.
    Here’s my version of Mt. Tom from nearly the same place in winter:
    https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/9szAFa82229ei-07pAdp_A?feat=directlink
    Not the best picture I’ve ever taken, but it gets the point across.

justkat
    Participant

Nice! =D

I love taking pictures of dead trees. I do it a lot. Even ones I’ve already photographed lol.

swampa
    Participant

B’s, C’s and a few D’s:
    vwm01.jpg
    vwm02.jpg
    vwm05.jpg
    vwm06.jpg
    vwm08.jpg
    vwm09.jpg
    vwm10.jpg

I would have even more if I had of read the conditions earlier and realised I could use stitched images as well! (it is probably for the best then :P)

Elsinore
    Keymaster

It’s definitely a participation-only week for me–great stuff guys!

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

No volcanoes in my A’s, but a couple in my bees.

linguine
    Participant

I wish I had a chance to go through the photos Ive been taking on my drive to Arizona. At least I got settled in a hotel room in time to beat the liters to posting.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Glad to see you made it to the thread, ‘guine 🙂

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Scarlet R: foxiejo’s entry was previously used in Waterscapes

Oh, and would you rather I PM these or is this OK?

chupathingie
    Participant

Orionid, were you up or downstream from the Sacandaga Reservoir for that river shot? I went to high school just a couple three miles from the downstream portion of the river, where it joins the Hudson at Rockwell Falls. I spent a summer playing white water guide along that stretch for the tourists.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Scarlet R: foxiejo’s entry was previously used in Waterscapes

Oh, and would you rather I PM these or is this OK?

Either is fine with me, though there’s a certain transparency (which is positive) to having them listed openly here. Thanks much for doing this!

Farktographer
    Participant

For the record, one of my shots looks similar to one I’ve used before – it’s not a scarlet R though, it’s a different frame. I hate doing that, but I had nothing this week and no time to shoot -_-

Elsinore
    Keymaster

No worries. If it’s a different frame, it’s legal.

Farktographer
    Participant

Yeah, it still irks me to do it though 😳

olavf
    Participant

Yeah, it still irks me to do it though 😳

Don’t sweat it. It happens now and then to everyone – use something and realize a while down the road that that would have been the perfect shot for this contest – these are contextual contests, not ‘go out and shoot something for’ contests. Also, once you’ve been doing them for a while, you’ll start realizing that x shot would have been perfect for this one, but… and then realize you have another frame to use. We’ve all done it.

Personally, I try and shoot something new for every contest, but in reality it’s just not possible all the time. Life, and all that stuff gets in the way. particularly when you’re tying to come up with three pictures ever week.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 102 total)
  • The topic ‘06-22-11 – Volcanoes, Waterfalls, and Mountains’ is closed to new replies.