06-22-11 – Volcanoes, Waterfalls, and Mountains

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 06-22-11 – Volcanoes, Waterfalls, and Mountains

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 102 total)
  • Author
    olavf
    Participant

To bad you didn’t get Tommy Lee Jones or Anne Heche in the shot. That would have been awesome.

Yugoboy
    Participant

ennuipoet, you can always go with an urban waterfall.
    Of the four I’m considering (gonna let Mrs. Yugoboy play arbiter) one is of the High Falls of the Genesee, right where the city of Rochester was founded. There’s almost nothing natural left except for the water and gravity (oh… and the cute little rainbow in the left side of the picture…).

Given your penchant for awesome, I’m hoping to see some urban waterfalls (and not urban volcanoes… what is it about NYC that even the ground is gassy?)

ravnostic
    Participant

what is it about NYC that even the ground is gassy?)

Pretty sure it has to do with either politicians, or Wall Street. 😛

bucky_bacon
    Participant

Just checking, but the Grand Canyon wouldn’t be considered “mountains” would it?

nobigdeal
    Participant

Inverted mountains maybe 🙂

bucky_bacon
    Participant

Well it kinda looks like mountains, amirite? Plus it’s all I got.

ravnostic
    Participant

I dunno; earlier I had the ruling that Meteor Crater in Az wouldn’t qualify for this contest (or I’d be using it), so I’d tend to say ‘no’. But it’s Orionid’s call.

bucky_bacon
    Participant

Yeah, it’s a no.

orionid
    Participant

Yeah, it’s a no.

Agreed. But there are small waterfalls in the Colorado river flowing through the Grand Canyon.

orionid
    Participant
    swampa
    Participant
    orionid
    Participant

the rest of the bees. Some repeats/scarlet r’s

Plamadude30k
    Participant

BEES!
    Mt. Williamson (Sierra):
    https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/ufPSTSNt24PjIMAmJ2DQnQ?feat=directlink
    Mt. Hurd (Sierra, above South Lake, where I’ll be backpacking in August!):
    https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/DyBTZa0ySrtDmVkFQCDQog?feat=directlink
    Unnamed Peaklet above South Lake:
    https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/9WOi5fIbUeEFCNwW2n1kNw?feat=directlink
    Subsidiary peak of Mt. Rundlestone in the Canadian Rockies near Banff:
    https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/8PJ9X5fYxXjn1vCHABuMQg?feat=directlink

I also wanted to say to Just Kat, I have a few pictures of the EXACT SAME TREE from the EXACT SAME SPOT near Manzinar! Now I’ve got to go find it!

EDIT: I also just noticed that your last entry is Mt. Tom from the 395. Cool beans.

justkat
    Participant

I also wanted to say to Just Kat, I have a few pictures of the EXACT SAME TREE from the EXACT SAME SPOT near Manzinar! Now I’ve got to go find it!

EDIT: I also just noticed that your last entry is Mt. Tom from the 395. Cool beans.

=D I cropped the tree to make the pic focus more on the mountains, but between us (nobody else listen!! 😛 ) I took the pic because of the tree. 😉

As for the last one: now I know more than I did before! I knew what freeway I was on, but not the name of the place. 🙂

zincprincess
    Participant

Really good stuff thus far.

And now I’m going to gripe for a bit. I didn’t have a whole lot on digital for this contest. I was going to scan some negatives and then real life got in the way of doing anything. We had a massive storm hit last night and have been without power ever since. It may be several days before we get power back. So we’re in a hotel tonight to avoid going completely insane in a hot, powerless, internet-free house.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 102 total)
  • The topic ‘06-22-11 – Volcanoes, Waterfalls, and Mountains’ is closed to new replies.