07-07-10 – Passenger’s Side

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 07-07-10 – Passenger’s Side

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 123 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Post pictures taken from the passenger’s side of a car or public conveyance. Difficulty: vehicle must be in motion.

Thanks for the theme suggestion, monsieurstabby!

ravnostic
    Participant

So, (as seems to always be the case), some clarification here, please. Must I BE in the passenger seat to take the photo? Can I secure my tripod setup within the confines of the passenger space and use the remote cable to take the shot (not withstanding composition difficulties this might present, I mean–hey, it’s none of your business what I’m doing at 70mph behind the wheel!!!*)?

*This is in no way an endorsement or suggestion that anyone do anything so stupid as to compose or take a shot while driving a motorized vehicle containing a passenger seat suited up with a camera and/or a tripod. Question is for rhetorical purposes only, your results may vary. Warning: contents may be hot. Incidently, I only have two pet peeves; size queens and little dicks. Okay, I just put that in there to see if anyone actually reads ‘tiny’ font blurbs. I’m only kidding about the size queen comment. But not the little dick one.

linguine
    Participant

Id assume using a tripod with cable release while driving would be fine since it just says it has to be a shot out the passenger side window. Im probably going to try to do that to.

caradoc
    Participant

Iit just says it has to be a shot out the passenger side window

I’m not seeing that in the description – “from the passenger’s seat” could mean out the driver’s side window, windshield, passenger window… back seat, etc.

orionid
    Participant

*This is in no way an endorsement….

Yup. Read it.

Kestrana
    Participant

You don’t like Little Richard? But, tutti fruitti…

ravnostic
    Participant

Tuitti fruitti is way to gay for me. It’s all about standards. Low may they be, I DO have some (one or two, anyway.) Ditto for Judy Garland and her hack of a daughter.

olavf
    Participant

Passenger side, not seat. I assume, then, that one does not need to be riding shotgun.

I’d also assume that a jerry-rigged tripod setup would be okay. Or duct-taping your camera to the passenger-side mirror, for that matter.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I would also guess since it says passenger side that should include the back seat on the passenger side. Ditto for camera itself riding shotgun as long as the photo was taken from the passenger side of the car.

ennuipoet
    Participant

OK, I have to ask. As I mentioned elsewhere I live in a City where cars are, well, more of an inconvenience than a necessity. Might I assume that one could include a bus or other passenger vehicle in the theme? Or how about a train, in which one rides in a “car”.

The simplest solution would be to simply take a taxi, but I just can’t bring myself to be the guy in the back of a cab shooting pics out the window. Maybe if I dressed like a tourist… 🙄

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Hmm the question of buses/trains/subways came up in the original theme discussion, but the question wasn’t answered. I’d be ok for allowing it, but as it’s currently worded, that kind of thing wouldn’t count. In the original theme discussion, monsieurstabby did rule out motorcycles and bikes, though. Hopefully he’ll be by to clarify if he’d allow public transport. Personally, I’d vote yes on that.

olavf
    Participant

I was assuming limousines were okay, but I’ll throw that into the mix as it’s a grey area between public and private transport.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I think they technically count as cars, so I’d say knock yourself out! 😉

sleeping
    Participant

I’d be ok for allowing it, but as it’s currently worded, that kind of thing wouldn’t count.

Are you sure?

nobigdeal
    Participant

Hmm the question of buses/trains/subways came up in the original theme discussion, but the question wasn’t answered. I’d be ok for allowing it, but as it’s currently worded, that kind of thing wouldn’t count. In the original theme discussion, monsieurstabby did rule out motorcycles and bikes, though. Hopefully he’ll be by to clarify if he’d allow public transport. Personally, I’d vote yes on that.

I believe monsieurstabby is of the female persuasion. 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 123 total)
  • The topic ‘07-07-10 – Passenger’s Side’ is closed to new replies.