07-07-10 – Passenger’s Side

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 07-07-10 – Passenger’s Side

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 123 total)
  • Author
    caradoc
    Participant

‘kay good deal.

Yay. It mildly annoyed my wife when I made her circle three times to get the shot of the WienerMobile…

zincprincess
    Participant

I had one of my pics disappear. Is this common or am I sleepy and drunk? Don’t answer that. Should I resubmit or wait and see if the cyber-gremlins let it go?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

lol I dunno if you’re sleepy or drunk, but it does happen with some regularity, especially if hosted at ImageShack. I’ll go look for it. In general, if it’s more than 130k-150k on the file size, there’s a chance it could disappear. Technically, Fark’s file size limit is somewhere around 200k, but there’s a greater chance that hosting will hiccup at some point and drop the image if it’s larger than 130k-150k

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Hmm I see two of your pics in the thread and nothing else in the ether. Did you submit 3?

zincprincess
    Participant

I submitted three entries and it looks like #3 disappeared.

olavf
    Participant

Yep, got it. That hooker hotel is pretty funny 😆

Thanks, and thanks 🙂

I got a couple of good shots, but didn’t want to make a third pass so we didn’t, um, ruin their ‘evening’ 😛

/they’re there all week, but I think I’ll pass on the veal

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I submitted three entries and it looks like #3 disappeared.

This is going to sound like a stupid or condescending question, but I’ve done this before myself, soooo, are you sure you hit submit and not refresh or reload after you entered your post in the box? Either way, I’d say go ahead and resubmit since I don’t find it in hiding. I’ll keep an eye out in case it resurfaces, though.

😆 olavf!

zincprincess
    Participant

I resubmitted. It’s entirely possible that I only thought I clicked add comment. Thanks for your help.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

n/p

Zero_Exponent
    Participant

… I set up the tripod on the passenger seat with a remote cord and shot 1500 pics in the 25 mile ride home.

60pic/mile 😯 In metric that’s 37.3pic/Km! Man, I need a new camera, the best I can get is about 14 pic/Km (that’s in the city, it’s even lower on the HWY).

I’m hoping since planes and trains are cool, that photos from a ship – that I was definitely not helming – will also be copacetic.

Curious
    Participant

as has the realization that my tamron lenses on my Canon body do *not* auto focus with precision;

my tamron on my maxxum 7D does the same thing. but so does the minolta kit lens that came with the camera. it tends to focus slightly in front of where i want it to. i only use the spot focus because when i used any of the area types the results were too random. a maxxum 7D review talked about using the sharpen feature but after reading the manual several times i’m thinking they meant when you process from RAW.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

… I set up the tripod on the passenger seat with a remote cord and shot 1500 pics in the 25 mile ride home.

60pic/mile 😯 In metric that’s 37.3pic/Km! Man, I need a new camera, the best I can get is about 14 pic/Km (that’s in the city, it’s even lower on the HWY).

I’m hoping since planes and trains are cool, that photos from a ship – that I was definitely not helming – will also be copacetic.

Yep, that’s Kosher.

ravnostic
    Participant

Re image shack, I’ve found if they don’t load to hit refresh and sometimes the remaining pics come through on the second pass.

Re Curious’s comment; sharpen helps in RAW, but it helps more when it’s more focused to begin with. Definitely a problem, same thing; too close. There’s a ‘range’ when shooting up close that says it’s focused, either too near or too far.

And for Else on the ‘still’ shots; the I think my motion is pretty evident except the ‘objects in mirror’ shot; that one was maybe 5 mph at f16-20 (forget which exposure I wound up using). Might have been 3 mph. But we were moving–just really really slow; I just didn’t want to drop my darlot!!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

You’re fine 🙂

ravnostic
    Participant

linguineGreat eye this week–voted all three!
    Silver Stag ditto…
    Who’s Hachhix I liked thems, toos.
    olaph, corsec67, lookisbong, 10 E0; lots of good shots. I’ll bet this contest gets tons more pics yet. Good stuff!

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 123 total)
  • The topic ‘07-07-10 – Passenger’s Side’ is closed to new replies.