07-16-08 – Wind Beneath My Wings

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 07-16-08 – Wind Beneath My Wings

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 140 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

All things airborne. Difficulty: subjects must have wings.

Theme suggestion courtesy of jpatten–thanks!

corsec67
    Participant

This is similar to the theme Aerial Photography that we did almost 1.5 years ago.

Guess I will have to get out my longer lens and scare up some birds for this theme.

For this theme, do helicopters have wings? Wikipedia says they are a kind of “rotary-wing aircraft”.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Good question about helicopters. In my mind they’re blades and not so much wings, but defining them as a “rotary-wing aircraft” does make sense, and in light of that I’d think they would count. Any objections, jpatten?

justkat
    Participant

can we try just posting the url? =P not like anyone is reading…

http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g63/katkendig/?action=view&current=0802100001k-1.jpg

justkat
    Participant

damn, wrong thread. how many ways can i mess this up. but at least i got my picture into the world of farktophraphy. it was a late addition to the concept of trees, and i like that picture because of what the sky is doing behind it.

Pardon me for posting in the wrong thread.

RcMacStudent
    Participant

damn, wrong thread….

No worries, that happens to all of us from time to time. 😀

FYI: If you look at your own posts there’s a little X-out button in the lower right hand corner that lets you delete your own posts.

Nice photo BTW.

jpatten
    Participant

Hmmm…
    I will allow Helicopters, The blades ARE wing shaped and do provide lift through the Bernoulli principle.

justkat
    Participant

damn, wrong thread….

FYI: If you look at your own posts there’s a little X-out button in the lower right hand corner that lets you delete your own posts.

Nice photo BTW.

thank you very much for your kind comment about my picture.

however, i appear to be too retarded to find said button. I will continue looking for it. I’m taking meds that make it so that I’m too stupid to find the space bar from time to time so anything else is something to celebrate. 😉

corsec67
    Participant

damn, wrong thread….

Nice photo BTW.

thank you very much for your kind comment about my picture.

however, i appear to be too retarded to find said button. I will continue looking for it. I’m taking meds that make it so that I’m too stupid to find the space bar from time to time so anything else is something to celebrate. 😉

The “X” to delete button disappears if someone else has replied to your post. You can always edit your post, though.

That picture is pretty cool, btw.

justkat
    Participant

oh, found it now. i guess it just expires or disappears after a while … maybe they figure that you ought to live with it after it’s been up a while.

I’m too stoned (legally) for this. I should just charge up my camera and take some stoney pix. 😉

soosh
    Participant

oh, found it now. i guess it just expires or disappears after a while … maybe they figure that you ought to live with it after it’s been up a while.

I’m too stoned (legally) for this. I should just charge up my camera and take some stoney pix. 😉

It’s fun to do. That’s what happened here: http://abandoned-alaska.com/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=28

lokisbong
    Participant

Does this ultralight fit as a winged thing?

Well I just looked it up on Wikipedia and they say yes it is.so I have a different shot of the paraglider for the contest.Now to go through my five hundred pictures with seagulls in them.Or the Geese.We get thousands of them every year on their way to and from Canada.

jpatten
    Participant

Yes It would, the wing may be really flexible but its a wing…

wrayvynn
    Participant

Dilemma-decided on my first two already, torn on the third.

Thunderbirds?- http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3269/2656487045_67f17f2c74_b.jpg
    or Osprey?- http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3188/2657312846_cbb2825d29.jpg

gensolo
    Participant

does it have to be in flight?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 140 total)
  • The topic ‘07-16-08 – Wind Beneath My Wings’ is closed to new replies.