07-16-08 – Wind Beneath My Wings

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 07-16-08 – Wind Beneath My Wings

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 140 total)
  • Author
    U-Man
    Participant

does it have to be in flight?

My $.02 – It has to be airborne and it has to have wings. So something thrown, falling, gliding or otherwise in the air would be OK as long as it has wings.

/? Is suspended OK?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Recently dead animals aren’t allowed on Fark. So, for this theme, neither of those would be allowed.

What if they’re just pining?

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/05_04/parrotsceneBBC_468x331.jpg

That’s not “pining for the fjords” man, he’s shuffled off his coil! He’s pushing up daisies!

/? Is suspended OK?

Suspended doesn’t really seem “airborne” to me. It’s more like stringborne (or however it’s suspended 😉 )

linguine
    Participant

Suspended doesn’t really seem “airborne” to me. It’s more like stringborne (or however it’s suspended 😉 )

Boo 🙁 Are you starting to feel like you’re turning into the farktography mom with how much youve been having to say no you cant do that recently?

corsec67
    Participant

I was worried that I might not have enough for this contest.

Then I got called to do some firefighting in California this week, so while I might not have time to actually enter this contest, I might have some cool pictures of helicopters or slurry bombers.

jpatten
    Participant

Suspended… as from a wire etc?? I hate to rain on a parade, but I dont think that counts as airborne.

corsec67
    Participant

Suspended… as from a wire etc?? I hate to rain on a parade, but I dont think that counts as airborne.

Hmm, one of my entries is a glider being towed by another plane, but the whole unit is definitely airborne.

U-Man
    Participant

Boo 🙁 Are you starting to feel like you’re turning into the farktography mom with how much youve been having to say no you cant do that recently?

Oh nos. Don’t feel like a farktog mom. I had the ?’s around that because I thought it was questionable. I lean toward the suspended =not flying too.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Yeah, sorta….though that’s also why I try to defer to the theme suggesters as much as possible if there’s a shade of meaning or wiggle room that’s a tough call. I’d really rather not be the only person making all the judgement calls prior to the contest. In this case, jpatten also said that didn’t seem to count as “airborne”.

corsec‘s towed glider is an interesting possible exception, though….I could see that either way. Is the tow-plane also in the picture? No reason why that wouldn’t count in my mind. Is the towed glider the only subject in the picture? In that case, I’m torn on whether that’s really airborne. jpatten, (or anyone else–free to jump in) thoughts?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Oh nos. Don’t feel like a farktog mom. I had the ?’s around that because I thought it was questionable. I lean toward the suspended =not flying too.

It’s fine–I think we need to get as many of the gray brought up before the contest opens so people are as clear as possible on what’s allowable. Of course, not everyone checks in over here, but I think it helps to flesh this stuff out.

U-Man
    Participant

Count one vote for towed glider = flying.

RcMacStudent
    Participant

Count one vote for towed glider = flying.

I’ll second.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I think thinking it through I’d have to third towed glider = flying because the tow plane is flying and not stationary.

corsec67
    Participant

I think thinking it through I’d have to third towed glider = flying because the tow plane is flying and not stationary.

And I include the tow plane, so there isn’t a cable going out of frame holding anything up.

U-Man
    Participant

I just like the phrase “think thinking it through”.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Sweet. I love a consensus.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 140 total)
  • The topic ‘07-16-08 – Wind Beneath My Wings’ is closed to new replies.