07-16-08 – Wind Beneath My Wings

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 07-16-08 – Wind Beneath My Wings

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 140 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

I just like the phrase “think thinking it through”.

There are some days you’d never guess I had a minor in English 🙄

😆

jpatten
    Participant

Suspended… as from a wire etc?? I hate to rain on a parade, but I dont think that counts as airborne.

Hmm, one of my entries is a glider being towed by another plane, but the whole unit is definitely airborne.

I think that would be ok. The craft is not being held UP by the plane.

justkat
    Participant

I think i have one picture — one — that can qualify for this contest and there is very little hope that i can take a new one that qualifies with the equipment, time and resources I have. I might have had more of the latter two elements if I had not thought i’d be in canada and away from teh internets for this contest, but my plans changed, so I guess I’ll at least enter what i have. =P

/ps so pleased at the monty python jokes in here. 😀

jpatten
    Participant

Well its my theme and Im not sure how much I have for it so don’t feel too bad!

justkat
    Participant

I seem to have massive quantities of pix of winged creatures just standing around letting me take their pictures. *shrug* Maybe i need to be scarier.

jpatten
    Participant

i am going back out to the airport tomorrow in hopes of getting something decent.
    I have several birds inflight but would like a nice plane shot….

justkat
    Participant

we live close to the airport they’ve been using to fill up the planes that are taking water to the wildfires — for some days they were flying right over our house over and over and over. however, we have lots of trees. also, aforementioned equipment issues would have forced me to use the husband’s camera — not that he’d begrudge me that, he’s a nice guy. 😉

oh well — I know this contest doesn’t play to what meager strengths i might have at this point in my barely begun hobby … I like the idea, but … 😉

jpatten
    Participant

there will be other contests. I didnt post anything for last week’s at all

justkat
    Participant

grrrreat. my one flying bird picture is entirely out of focus. the only good thing you can say for it is that everything in the picture is out of focus, not just the bird. How my camera managed that, I’m not sure, since it doesn’t have a manual focus option and thus had to think it was focusing on *something* lol

jpatten
    Participant

i find that autofocus does not do so well on Sky or other largely empty fields…

justkat
    Participant

that makes sense. this picture, oddly enough, doesn’t have much sky — it’s a low shot, a crane taking off over a water hazard at a golf course. but it doesn’t look like the grass or the water is in focus either. nor the sand trap way in the background lol. *shrug*

maybe i’ll find something in my old film photoalbums, since the tricks theme brought one so powerfully to mind… (this would be what they call wishful thinking 😉 )

justkat
    Participant

w00t! caught a honeybee in flight! Got the camera out for a hummingbird, but it flew away while i was getting it out. So I started hunting bees – fast little suckers, but probably not as fast as hummingbirds lol. Not a great picture, but you *can* see its little wings, so that’s something. 😉 Keeping the (husband’s) camera out in case the doves come by… I’ll try to be scarier than I usually am to birds; maybe they’ll actually fly away from me. 😛

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Yeah, one of the few possibilities I have is a hoverfly in flight, but it’s so tiny, I don’t know if it comes across that well. I have some other stuff in the archives, but not much. We’ll have to see if I can get something today.

justkat
    Participant

yeah i had a picture that theoretically would have been much better – the bee was bigger in the picture and was profile on, not beehind (if you’ll excuse the pun) on… but like a moran I had the whole scene backlit and you really can’t see a thing. D’oh! talk about a rookie mistake. 😛

jpatten
    Participant

i have a feelingthis thread will be full of awesome…. just hope I have worthy pictures

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 140 total)
  • The topic ‘07-16-08 – Wind Beneath My Wings’ is closed to new replies.