07-16-08 – Wind Beneath My Wings

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 07-16-08 – Wind Beneath My Wings

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 140 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Oh man, I love love love that silhouetted eagle (second from bottom). Hmmm come to think of it…it might be good for that silhouettes theme…

soosh
    Participant

yeah, that’s why i didn’t use it this week.

gensolo
    Participant

Good job to all the entered. Props go to SpaceBison for that amazing photo. Props also go to all that photographed the Blue Angels, as the base for them is where I live. Way to go to all, and I hope i will be able to enter future contests, as I was unable to enter this one.

jpatten
    Participant

Great pictures everyone…

U-man. Totally unexpected interpretation of the theme. I love it.
    I will leave the argument of selective applications to the more informed!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Hey guys (and gals), we figured out what’s up with soosh‘s eagle picture. As most of you know, the file size limit on Fark is around 200k, though Farktography has always suggested and encouraged 100k or less (and even 70k or less early in Farktography) to help keep the load times lower on the thread. I suspect the actual file size limit is fuzzy, because his photo is 206k and is allowed through at least initially. At some point, Fark realizes that it’s over the limit, and the photo goes poof. Those of you who have had photos disappear for broken links (especially if it’s just one or two of your entries), it could actually be the file size.

Soooo if everyone could watch your file sizes, that would be great 🙂 For those images that you just can’t keep under 100k, you may want to make sure they’re no more than 185-190k so they don’t run up against that limit, since it might be a fuzzy limit and not absolute.

mopsy
    Participant

Hope this isn’t a repeat as I lost the first reply. But thanks Mod for locating my kite photo. Must not have been concentrating this A.M. Sorry to have you search for something that was there when you had your hands full of everyone else’s concerns. You do a great job!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

No biggie 🙂

U-Man
    Participant

I apologize if I have offended you for questioning this image…That was not my intention.

I considered just letting this lie and not responding. As that could be construed as an admission of guilt; here I am.

Sadly, I am somewhat offended. I follow all Farktography rules with my photos. While I frequently play with levels, contrast, brightness, unsharp mask, etc., I apply these to the entire picture. There is no “selective application of any digital filters” to my flying KFC bucket. Hell, why would I try to cheat with that pic. The quality of the photo is minor compared to the concept.

In your defense, I agree that Farktographers should be honorable. This is a tricky business – we do have some Aussies in our midst (country picked randomly for comedic relief and is not based on fact or any preconceived notion I have :)). In the future, I would suggest reigning in the accusatory tone a bit.

Enough. This is supposed to be fun and enriching.

/pistols at dawn. 😉

Killerclaw
    Participant

*towns people scatter*

swampa
    Participant

we do have some Aussies in our midst

Oh sure, blame the Aussies. It is always our fault! 😛

/I will see you at dawn, but I need no stinking pistol. I have … a boomerang!
    // Goes back to stealing U-Man’s wallet 😛

FutherMucker
    Participant

/pistols at dawn. 😉

Agreed ! Thank you for the reply. Being wrongfully accused/questioned is a bitter pill to swallow. I, again, apologize for somewhat offending you. It just bothered me to no end that the U-Man would do such a thing, and needed some closure.

/Hopes we can just borrow the Super Soaker pistols from your kids.

staplermofo
    Participant

Farktography dueling tradition demands that you take all of your nicest photography equipment with you to gunfights.
    Because gunfights are dangerous, you can just leave it with me beforehand.

nobigdeal
    Participant

Hmm…what the heck happened to my Southwest Airlines pic?

It was tack sharp. Photobucket made it look like crap.

Here is what it was supposed to look like.

Oh well…

Nice photos everybody.

swampa
    Participant

Farktography dueling tradition demands that you take all of your nicest photography equipment with you to gunfights.
    Because gunfights are dangerous, you can just leave it with me beforehand.

/me checks his stuff in with staplermofo

So wasn’t I meant to get a little card after doing that??

Morningbreath
    Participant

I apologize if I have offended you for questioning this image…That was not my intention.

I considered just letting this lie and not responding. As that could be construed as an admission of guilt; here I am.

Sadly, I am somewhat offended. I follow all Farktography rules with my photos. While I frequently play with levels, contrast, brightness, unsharp mask, etc., I apply these to the entire picture. There is no “selective application of any digital filters” to my flying KFC bucket. Hell, why would I try to cheat with that pic. The quality of the photo is minor compared to the concept.

In your defense, I agree that Farktographers should be honorable. This is a tricky business – we do have some Aussies in our midst (country picked randomly for comedic relief and is not based on fact or any preconceived notion I have :)). In the future, I would suggest reigning in the accusatory tone a bit.

/pistols at dawn. 😉

U-Man is not quite as innocent as he lets on. I blew up the photo in question.

sloppily done, but devious nevertheless

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 140 total)
  • The topic ‘07-16-08 – Wind Beneath My Wings’ is closed to new replies.