07-28-10 – Dirty Pictures

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 07-28-10 – Dirty Pictures

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 137 total)
  • Author
    caradoc
    Participant

Um, yeah, I guess I should clarify, I’m a Vet Tech, so the patient was a Labrador Retriever…kind of relevant 😀

Yeah. Just a bit.

I was wondering why in the hell some weird dude would swallow his mistress’ thong.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

D’oh, sorry I missed the poop thread! As U-Man mentioned, poop is Right Out on Fark, though bug poop probably wouldn’t elicit the same reaction as bird poop, cow patties, or human excrement.

orionid
    Participant

What about Butterflies eating “solar-dehydrated dog rocks?”

ravnostic
    Participant

D’oh, sorry I missed the poop thread! As U-Man mentioned, poop is Right Out on Fark, though bug poop probably wouldn’t elicit the same reaction as bird poop, cow patties, or human excrement.

At the magnification of my shot, it’s out. Definitely. I’ll still use the ‘not quite turtle head’ed shot, though.

U-Man
    Participant

Um, yeah, I guess I should clarify, I’m a Vet Tech, so the patient was a Labrador Retriever…kind of relevant 😀

HA! Yeah, that is an important piece of info. I totally thought some dude ate underwear.

My theme idea = no photos yet. 🙁

I have two ideas, a few days, and several kids to get muddy though.

olavf
    Participant

HA! Yeah, that is an important piece of info. I totally thought some dude ate underwear.

My theme idea = no photos yet. 🙁

I have two ideas, a few days, and several kids to get muddy though.

You and me both :/

I have, so far, one gloppy new-born calf that doesn’t look so gloppy on film. And a pic of Kat that’s so old that it predates everything that’s happened in the last two years, and I decided that all-in-all that I’d feel really, really weird using it.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

If one can tell the “solar-dehydrated dog rocks” are dog turds, they’d be out. I have some butterflies “mud puddling” near a cow pen, and there may be manure mixed in, but nothing looks overtly like cow patties, so if it’s more like that, it’d be ok.

We also need to be careful with “gloppy” stuff. If it’s gross to the point of grossing people out, Fark posting rules would come into play.

caradoc
    Participant

I totally thought some dude ate underwear.

Yeah. I thought it was just a really strange way to get extra fiber in one’s diet.

orionid
    Participant

I’m probably not going to post it, because the dog turds look more like rocks, so the only way to convey filthy is by saying outright that they’re dog turds. In which case……

It’s okay. I have other ideas. Whether or not they pan out, however……

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

For what it’s worth, from PSAEF discussions of the topic, the guideline I’ve heard goes something like, “brown poo is not allowed, white poo is OK”. Meaning, take all the bird guano you like, but no mammal (or other brown) poo.

ravnostic
    Participant

Oh hell. Since it’s generated this much discussion, I’ll put it out there. Orionid deserves as much. But it’s brown. Way. Too. Brown. If, however, ya’ll think it’s fine for the contest, lemme know. I have several shots to choose from. This is the ‘turtle’ shot.

(incidently, related to another thread, taken with the AD lens)

mmmm…bokah….

not. ah-HA-ha.

(I’m actually happy with my other choices; if I put this in, I’d haveta get rid of one of them, and that would be a difficult decision.)

staplermofo
    Participant

Is whimsically employed blood okay?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Choc-Ful-A: That’s a good guideline.

ravnostic: I think the caterpillar picture is fine.

staplermofo: Blood is not okay, whimsically employed or no 😉

ravnostic
    Participant

Really? It’s okay? U-Man, can you chime in on this?

And, on a totally non-related but distantly related like a 4th cousin twice removed note…the poop picture is my 500th post in this forum. E-gads!!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

It’s ok cause it doesn’t scream, “Hey this is SHIT! OMG POOP THREAD WTFPOOPBBQ!!!” And again, like Choc-Ful-A mentioned of the guideline the PS’ers use–it isn’t mammal poop.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 137 total)
  • The topic ‘07-28-10 – Dirty Pictures’ is closed to new replies.