07-28-10 – Dirty Pictures

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 07-28-10 – Dirty Pictures

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 137 total)
  • Author
    olavf
    Participant

On the camera thing, I’d say 80% photographer, and 20% camera. And that 20% are the framed shots that require manual settings and whatnot that you can’t really get with a P&S. So a good photographer (someone with an eye for composition and lighting) can probably take a good picture with a P&S, but a someone lacking that can’t take a good picture with a $30K Hasselblaad (luck aside).
    /I get a lot of questions along the lines of “what camera should I buy?” I usually ask, “what do you want to do with it?” back

And, most importantly, congrats Rav!

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Congrats on your first 1st, rav!

I thought I was going to have my first top ten this week, but it was not to be. Still my highest placer and highest vote getter, so I’ve got that going for me, which is nice.

ravnostic
    Participant

{pulls on tux} I’d like to first thank the farkademy, then the voters, and then all the little people. Seriously, to win in such fine photographic company is WAY cool.

U-Man
    Participant

Good stuff rav. Congrats. For a dirty picture, that winner had clean lines. Y’know?

nobigdeal
    Participant

Congrats rav!! Welcome to The Winners Club! your membership card and smoking jacket will arrive shortly.
    We’ll show you the secret handshake at the next meeting.

ravnostic
    Participant

Congrats rav!! Welcome to The Winners Club!We’ll show you the secret handshake at the next meeting.

If it’s anything like the one at the *private* gentlemen’s club of which I used to be a {*cough*} member, I can’t wait! Is Orionid going to be there?

And if so, will Kestrana be his guardian, and will she be bringing armaments!!?

Kestrana
    Participant

No, just guns.

ravnostic
    Participant

No, just guns.

😯 Guess I oughtn’t get to cocky! (double meanings…) 😛

olavf
    Participant

I think the intent was pretty clear there 😉

ravnostic
    Participant

I think the intent was pretty clear there 😉

No, I meant ‘cock’ like in a gun. 8) You know, ‘a loaded gun complex, cock it and pull it.’ 🙄

Innocence, purity, chastity and virginity, that’s what I’m all about. Datum to the contrary are lies, rumors, scandalous mistruths and slander/libel.

It’s all inscribed on my halo. 😉

olavf
    Participant

Heh. I’m just reminding you that she may or may not be armed 😉

ravnostic
    Participant

And I’m just reminding you that halos at the 99 cent store come with inscriptions. 😆

So long as I continue to live 3000 miles away from Orionid, Kestrana (or for that matter Orionid has nothing to fear from me. And vice versa. If I can’t stalk people 1/8 way around the planet, whom can I stalk?

And don’t tell nobudie, but the whole ‘stalking’ shiat is just a hangover from a character I played on MySpace, back when such antics drew an audience of over 500 to read my blogs. I miss those days. Facebook sucks. All in good fun only; in person I’m shy and demure, and actually pretty much a gentleman. Really.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

It’s actually a loaded God complex:
    http://www.plyrics.com/lyrics/falloutboy/sugarweregoingdown.html

As to cocking it and pulling it, Kestrana knows how to do both. On all levels of this conversation.

ravnostic
    Participant

Well I’ll be, Elsinore. I guess we read into these non-enunciated modern day lyrics what we want to. How does one cock God, btw?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I think that’s an excommunicatin’

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 137 total)
  • The topic ‘07-28-10 – Dirty Pictures’ is closed to new replies.