08-03-11 – Sports Photography

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 08-03-11 – Sports Photography

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 127 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Professional, amateur or recreational, show us people involved in sports!

Many thanks to Kestrana for her theme suggestion!

Plamadude30k
    Participant

I know I’m going to need an ObO for this one and possibly for the next one too. I’ll be out in the high sierra stocking up on amazing photography opportunities.

Kestrana
    Participant

Just PM me links when the time comes.

QueenBee
    Participant

Sports? On my birthday? Boooooooo! on another note, my birthday? On and Wednesday? Booooo!

Plamadude30k
    Participant

Excellent, thanks Kes.

Kestrana
    Participant

If it makes you feel any better, my birthday is often on Thanksgiving.

QueenBee
    Participant

hehe well at least you know you should always get good food on your birthday 😀

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Yeah, not being a very sporty person, this kind of theme just does not remotely get me enthusiastic, and I’m not really sure what, if anything, I’ll be able to shoot for it. But I try to stay as neutral as possible when scheduling the themes.

ravnostic
    Participant

Yeah, not being a very sporty person, this kind of theme just does not remotely get me enthusiastic, and I’m not really sure what, if anything, I’ll be able to shoot for it. But I try to stay as neutral as possible when scheduling the themes.

This. But I shelled out $60 for a scanner to participate in a theme–I’ll be damned if I let my aversion to sports keep me from this one. Anyone know what sports are played in the summertime? Ice hockey? 😕

Kestrana
    Participant

Elsinore you just ran a fun run. That would work. Swimming at the beach or pool is also a sports activity. Hiking, horseback riding, playing croquet on the lawn, frisbee with the dog, the pile of neglected workout equipment being utilized as a coatrack…could even argue dance as a sport and use belly dance pictures especially if you ever go to competition.

orionid
    Participant

Go old school. Knuckle down with a steely. Sharpen some lawn darts, draw a cirlce around the neighbors cat. Introduce the kids to the rodeo. Bolt your point/shoot camera to the side of a paintball marker. Visit the local dragstrip or a local high school soccer game.

lokisbong
    Participant

Bicycling is a sport right? So if I get pictures with the handle bars or front forks and the road in front of me that would be good? Or maybe a self portrait while riding. A myspace angle should show the bike and road too.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Elsinore you just ran a fun run. That would work. Swimming at the beach or pool is also a sports activity. Hiking, horseback riding, playing croquet on the lawn, frisbee with the dog, the pile of neglected workout equipment being utilized as a coatrack…could even argue dance as a sport and use belly dance pictures especially if you ever go to competition.

I’d actually love taking shots during runs, but it’s too cumbersome with my big cameras, and I can’t run and take pictures at the same time anyway. I’ll figure something out. My sister has custody of the family jarts, and she has a 4th of July get together, so we’ll see. Thankfully, no belly dance competitions 😆 I’m sure I’d get lapped by some pretty young thing 😉

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Bicycling is a sport right? So if I get pictures with the handle bars or front forks and the road in front of me that would be good? Or maybe a self portrait while riding. A myspace angle should show the bike and road too.

Sure thing. Hm…that actually gives me other ideas, now that I think about it.

Pope_Larry_II
    Participant

Sure thing. Hm…that actually gives me other ideas, now that I think about it.

There has to be little league baseball in your city. Go and shoot that.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 127 total)
  • The topic ‘08-03-11 – Sports Photography’ is closed to new replies.