08-03-11 – Sports Photography

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 08-03-11 – Sports Photography

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 127 total)
  • Author
    linguine
    Participant

Midget tossing?

I certainly hope thats allowed.

Kestrana
    Participant

As long as said midget tossing conforms to all MTA (Midget Tossing America) rules and standards, I don’t see why not.

Unless there’s a competitive cat fetching contest somewhere ravnostic, that’s not exactly what I was going for. I think the litmus test would be “are there professionals who do this, or is it in the Olympics?”.

oddmind
    Participant

Where do we stand on audience participation? I have a couple of fun shots of fans catching homeruns at a professional baseball game. (Hope to get more this afternoon–GO, GIANTS!!)

Kestrana
    Participant

That’s fine. The Giants stadium is beautiful too, I’ve been there 2 or 3 times. I saw Greg Maddux win his 300th game there (go Cubs :P)

kashari
    Participant

How about equine competition types of things like ‘cutting cattle’ (separating one from the herd) or ‘reigning’? I don’t like or attend baseball, football or basketball games, so the only things I’d have like that are when the family kids are messing around playing basketball… 🙁

Kestrana
    Participant

I have no idea what those are…are they competitive things that you might see at the state fair, for example?

kashari
    Participant

I have no idea what those are…are they competitive things that you might see at the state fair, for example?

Yeah, maybe at a fair or they have specific competitions for those activities, also in rodeos.

Kestrana
    Participant

Ok then I’d say it’s a fit

kashari
    Participant

Ok then I’d say it’s a fit

Ok, thanks Kestrana!

oddmind
    Participant

That’s fine. The Giants stadium is beautiful too, I’ve been there 2 or 3 times. I saw Greg Maddux win his 300th game there (go Cubs :P)

Thanks. Alas, no Giant reached beyond second base the day I attended, and you’re right, AT&T Park is a really nice place to go. But I do someday hope to see a game at Wrigley Field. I just wish I had done it before they put up the lights. Baseball should be played in the daytime.

Kestrana
    Participant

The majority of their games are still day games. They only put in lights because the MLB said they had to :/

orionid
    Participant

Is this too much blood for fark?

Not Ready to Quit by Orionid, on Flickr

ennuipoet
    Participant

Paintballing could be considered a “sport” could it not? Not kids playing paintball, but teams of adults competing against one another.

orionid
    Participant

I hope so. There are two professional leagues as well as NCAA Sanctioning.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Is this too much blood for fark?

Definitely.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 127 total)
  • The topic ‘08-03-11 – Sports Photography’ is closed to new replies.