08-03-11 – Sports Photography

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 08-03-11 – Sports Photography

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 127 total)
  • Author
    cameraflage
    Participant

I would like to point out that my wife is nowhere near as active as my submissions make it appear.

Oh, yeah….Fark the Steelers. Go Browns.

orionid
    Participant

I would like to point out that my wife is nowhere near as active as my submissions make it appear.

Browns? Oh, right. That expansion team that formed after the old Cleveland team uprooted to Baltimore. Just not the same.

/Kinda still like the browns, though as a second-fiddle team.
    //I think we can mutually agree to fark the ravens, though.

ravnostic
    Participant

Browns? Oh, right. That expansion team that formed after the old Cleveland team uprooted to Baltimore. Just not the same.

Boy, I thought the Nikon~Canon battles were brutal…you sports enthusiasts can be cruel. 😉

orionid
    Participant

Boy, I thought the Nikon~Canon battles were brutal…you sports enthusiasts can be cruel. 😉

Welcome to the AFC North: Three old-school gridiron slugfest teams with fans to rival the raiders (I’ve seen raiders fans state matter-of-factly on live TV that they don’t go to Pittsburgh or Cleveland*), games that look more like WWE than football, where the refs turn a blind eye to just about anything other than junk-punches and throat-kicks, and one team (cinci) that wishes it were in any other division.

*The old municipal stadium was the first pro sports venue in the country with metal detector because Art Model (may he rot in hell and receive anal pineapples daily for moving the browns) was tired of liability concerns when pissed off millworkers would throw two weeks worth of D-cell batteries at referees and Denver broncos.

ennuipoet
    Participant

Crap! Elsinore, can you delete my OBO entry for Yugoboy, which is clearly NOT for this weeks contest! That is what happens when you drink!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Yep, got it.

Yugoboy
    Participant

How in hell did the Bills get so damn over-represented in this week’s contest?

orionid and kestrana‘s Steelers photos are against the Bills
    my training camp pic
    Eeek and Warthog have Bills playing their teams…

Seriously… the only NFL pics without Bills are two Steelers photos (for all I know the unseen opponents are still the Bills) and kestrana‘s Seahawks’ scoreboard!

The only reason mine is of the Bills is because of proximity. I don’t even like them. I’ve been a lifelong Cowboys fan (even during the 1-15 seasons)… mostly due to my brother’s choice of Steelers to cheer for.

ravnostic
    Participant

Is it just my access at work or has fark.com gone down?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Must be your access, Rav; I’m not having any trouble reaching Fark.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

It was down for a brief while for me, too. About 4 minutes total.

Oh, and bees are here for anyone who hasn’t already seen them.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Scarlet R:: Joao’s entry was previously used in Some Hate Broccoli…

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Got it, thanks!

QueenBee
    Participant

Did that post where someone made a nasty comment about crappy snapshots get deleted? I was going to go back and say something to the person but it seems to be gone, so thanks if someone removed it. stupid mean people 🙁

Also, bird watcher reported his pic. I dont really have a problem with it…but I was trying to figure out how one gets a self portrait like that..unless that bird is fake or they’re really lucky? I find it hard to believe a bird would be that close to him and come between him and the camera…

Uranus
    Participant

Did that post where someone made a nasty comment about crappy snapshots get deleted? I was going to go back and say something to the person but it seems to be gone, so thanks if someone removed it. stupid mean people 🙁

Actually, that struck me as kinda tongue-in-cheek…he posted his own (snap)shot straight after…

Pope_Larry_II
    Participant

I was looking at the birding one too. Something just doesn’t seem right about the photo.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 127 total)
  • The topic ‘08-03-11 – Sports Photography’ is closed to new replies.