08-03-11 – Sports Photography

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 08-03-11 – Sports Photography

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 127 total)
  • Author
    ravnostic
    Participant

I’m with QueenBee and ravnostic, really did some deep searching to come up with meager photos. Oh, well, haven’t been doing well for some time now, guess this will be another week of less that good pics. I do have some ideas for the “Portals” theme that may lift my standing a little. But again, who knows.

I actually wound up quite pleased with my efforts. All my photos are solo sportists as opposed to shots of ‘that great catch’ ‘that great slide home’ etc, but given my attitude towards sports I think I did okay (hey–I like them at least.) Hopefully a few voters feel the same.

I was fortunate that after I’d given up, on my last day of shooting, I came across a guy on a skateboard (of sorts) doing some sort of nifty parasailing. I don’t even know what you’d call the sport, but it looked pretty cool. The bonus is it was in a giant abandoned parking lot, so I’ll be going back when ‘parking lots’ comes up in the queue. 🙂

Which means this one became a ‘b-side’ shot, though I may use it in some other contest:

“Retirement”
    http://fossilspringsaz.com/pics/2011/aug/03/sport02sml.jpg

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

only 2 this week… decisions, decisions.
    help….anyone?

Well, you could always enter three and have one less decision. 😉

If you’re just looking for 2 out of those 4, I like Pitbabes II because it’s a more direct shot and she’s smiling; however, it’s more evident that they are pit babes from the first one. So, I’m probably not a lot of help with that one.

I think both of the City Race shots are great, but since asked to choose, I like the second one best.

Pope_Larry_II
    Participant

Rav, that is an awesome shot

ravnostic
    Participant

Rav, that is an awesome shot

Thanks. I changed my mind about 3 minutes ago and decided to use it. 🙂

orionid
    Participant

Personally, I’m hoping the Steelers Nation (TM) shows up to vote for my shots.

Elsinore
    Keymaster
    orionid
    Participant
    mopsy
    Participant

Elsinore, please make voting possible on my 2011-08-03 08:14:43 PM. House full of people and trying to enter pics is difficult. 😳

Pope_Larry_II
    Participant

Most of the Bees, All of the Ayes, and a couple Arghs

How did you manage to get to field level to take the Steelers pictures?

kashari
    Participant

Keerap! I forgot I have pics from Super Bowl XXX when it was in Tempe, didn’t even think of it till I saw the Steeler pics. Oh well, I would have had to dig out boxes to find them and then scan…

kashari
    Participant

Fark the Steelers! 😉

Got their fans all worked up at SB XXX when I was sitting in the middle of a big group of them telling them it was a good thing they brought their stupid ‘crying towels’ to sop up their tears. 😆

(used to be a HUGE Cowboys fan, but don’t much like or support Pro Sports anymore)

LOVE your horse racing shot, even though I DESPISE that industry too. Heck, I don’t even like taking the rodeo shots I’ve done because it’s so hard on the horses and they get hurt all the time. (yes, I’m a head-case…lol)

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Elsinore, please make voting possible on my 2011-08-03 08:14:43 PM. House full of people and trying to enter pics is difficult. 😳

Got it

zincprincess
    Participant

Well you’ve got Hines in it, so I’ll vote for it. He played for Georgia when I was in college.

I didn’t think I was going to have anything to enter and I didn’t make an effort. Then I remembered that I had pics from my daughter’s first college football game. Now I have to take her to a Georgia game lest she grow up thinking the only game worth watching is orange.

mopsy
    Participant

Thanks!

orionid
    Participant

How did you manage to get to field level to take the Steelers pictures?

Row 5 Tickets.

Fark the Steelers!

Got their fans all worked up at SB XXX when I was sitting in the middle of a big group of them telling them it was a good thing they brought their stupid ‘crying towels’ to sop up their tears.

(used to be a HUGE Cowboys fan, but don’t much like or support Pro Sports anymore)

LOVE your horse racing shot, even though I DESPISE that industry too. Heck, I don’t even like taking the rodeo shots I’ve done because it’s so hard on the horses and they get hurt all the time. (yes, I’m a head-case…lol)

I like to think that whole Neil O’Donnel thing never happened. That Superbowl was just one long railroaded bad dream.

Thanks for the Kudos on the horse shot. I never really followed racing either until I spent a year and a half in Saratoga when Quality Road was on fire. One of my best friends foaled him and still works at the farm where he was raised and trained in VA. I got a t-shirt.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 127 total)
  • The topic ‘08-03-11 – Sports Photography’ is closed to new replies.