08-11-10 – Farkitol 100mg

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 08-11-10 – Farkitol 100mg

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 93 total)
  • Author
    Kestrana
    Participant

Monkeys aside, I’ve been doing a shooting that’s taken me all night; I think I got the one I want, late in the game. Might have to do some white-balance adjustment, of course (I think I’ll go with ‘cloudy’); maybe work on the saturation angle a bit. As I’ve learned here, ‘great shots are not taken, they are made’. I made the best of it (it was so hard, of course, to keep up to the task at hand–the shot idea was a fantasy projection, really, after all).

Now I just have to replicate the feeling, twice more, and yet make it seem original each time. Well, I’ve pulled harder tricks than that before.

But never before an audience of savants. Hope I stand up to the challenge of everyone else’s submissions. Can we disable the ‘clickr for bigger’ this contest? If there’s one thing I can’t stand, it’s size-queens. And little…pics.

“Saturate yourself with your subject and the camera will all but take you by the hand.”

— Margaret Bourke-White

Sometimes…I just don’t know about you 8-D

staplermofo
    Participant

How much blood is too much blood, as far as Fark is concerned?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Any amount, really. Though obviously fake costume blood is usually ok. If there’s a question at all, PM me, and I’ll look at it.

staplermofo
    Participant

I was going to cut something lightly into my arm all emo-like, but I don’t want to do that if I can’t use it. Nail polish remover is too hard on my cuticles.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Ahhh yeah. I think there’s too much chance that would run afoul, though it would have made for a funny shot.

justkat
    Participant

heh. made it onto the top ten at the end of the contest by the skin of my teeth, as they say. And what drops off for me when FSM refreshes at the start of the next contest? My 76 votes from the macro bugs contest. *head desk*.

*waves at top ten as I zoom past it on the roller coaster that is my stats*

I’d better not completely tank farkitrol. 😉

QueenBee
    Participant

Umm..if I took a picture of a certain kind of…”toy”, it would have to be linked, wouldn’t it?

ravnostic
    Participant

heh. made it onto the top ten at the end of the contest by the skin of my teeth, as they say. And what drops off for me when FSM refreshes at the start of the next contest? My 76 votes from the macro bugs contest. *head desk*.

*waves at top ten as I zoom past it on the roller coaster that is my stats*

I’d better not completely tank farkitrol. 😉

Wait. The FSM stats are not forever and you’ll lose the older ones?

And your ‘up close’ shot of the cat’s eye makes one pic I selected for ‘I did see a putty tat’ mute. Yours is closer.

This farkitol contest eludes me. I have one shot thus far. The things that relax me haven’t proved to be photographical.

olavf
    Participant

@QueenBee: Yeah. You’d have to link anything along those lines. It’s acceptable to post a blurred shot, and link with appropriate NSFW tags generally though.

@ravnostic: Some of the stats only count the last ten contests. Your personal stats, and the ‘evar’ stats stick around, sometimes ad nauseum =P

QueenBee
    Participant

@QueenBee: Yeah. You’d have to link anything along those lines. It’s acceptable to post a blurred shot, and link with appropriate NSFW tags generally though.

hmm debate debate debate.

staplermofo
    Participant

Could someone post for me tonight?

http://morethanstaplers.com/farktography/farkitol3.jpg
    do simple things to help prepare to face the cause of my anxiety, like making bullets from molten staples for the inevitable rise of werestaplers.
    http://morethanstaplers.com/farktography/farkitol2.jpg
    xanax and wellbutrin and klonopin, oh my!
    http://morethanstaplers.com/farktography/farkitol1.jpg
    it’s not heroin, but someday…

Curious
    Participant

i’ll do it, just post your password here for me ok. 🙂

do you want the text as captions or just the images?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Uhh, ya gotta post “On Behalf of” with your Curious acct–acct sharing is verboten.

(I suspect you were joking, but I’m covering my bases just in case 😉 )

Curious
    Participant

no i was serious. see i’ll even post my own password *******

odd it posted asterisks. try posting yours.

Curious
    Participant

serious question. what constitutes account sharing?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 93 total)
  • The topic ‘08-11-10 – Farkitol 100mg’ is closed to new replies.