08-11-10 – Farkitol 100mg

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 08-11-10 – Farkitol 100mg

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 93 total)
  • Author
    orionid
    Participant

curious – I forgot that was an OBO post when I commented on it. So, uh, nevermind. lol

my friend who had breast cancer and has heart trouble among other things has a medicine cabinet like that.

i lived for 67 years pill free and now with high BP, high cholesterol and COPD have a total of two pills and three inhalers and feel tied down.

I have one pill, and am counting down to not needing it anymore.

Kestrana
    Participant

Not that anyone cares but if you do want to read the text of the poem I photographed it’s on the Flickr page for the picture.

olavf
    Participant

Not that anyone cares but if you do want to read the text of the poem I photographed it’s on the Flickr page for the picture.

I just got home from an 11-hour day. I haven’t had a chance to relax and look at the pictures yet :/

justkat
    Participant

Talk about gah, I was trying for the artistic nakedness implying sex sort of shot and omg, we are not particularly flattering people on pixels.

Heh, This is why most of my bed-room shots are implied. 😉 And the one with a person in the bed isn’t ME. 😛 For that matter, it’s only hands. 😆

my friend who had breast cancer and has heart trouble among other things has a medicine cabinet like that.

i lived for 67 years pill free and now with high BP, high cholesterol and COPD have a total of two pills and three inhalers and feel tied down.

I’m sorry about your health troubles and boy do I know what you mean. The most depressing part of my week is filling up my pill counter.

I have one pill, and am counting down to not needing it anymore.

Good on ya! I will never be on only one pill. But that’s okay. I like being — scratch that. i was about to say I like being sane, but I’m not and wouldn’t like it if I was. Rather I should say that I like not feeling horrible and not hallucinating. 😉

justkat
    Participant

hey kestrana – linky in here cuz I’m lazy? 😛

Kestrana
    Participant

Farkitol Shot 2

Curious
    Participant

I’m sorry about your health troubles and boy do I know what you mean.

thanks. i shouldn’t (and usually don’t) complain. my health is the direct result of too many bad choices over too many years. when i first started getting treated for the COPD the schedule was inhale from a nebulizer every four hours for 15 to 20 minutes. that sucked. now it’s once in the morning and again in the evening for the inhalers. and a pill at dinner and one before bed. pretty easy all thing considered. and i feel better and can work two days a week.

so remember kids eat right, exercise and save some money for later or you could end up like me 🙂

justkat
    Participant

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kestrana/4883070315/

Thanks. Very poignant. 🙄

LeicaLens
    Participant

I wasn’t sure if I would have anything for this contest as I have no idea what I do to relax (fairly stress-freee lifestyle). Still, I had a couple of last minute ideas, and I am glad I got to post in the end.
    Themes like this always throw me, and I usually do lousy in them.

Anyway, having had a look at the entires so far, I want to hang out with Kestrana someday. I will bring a couple of spare kidneys and a liver for the morning after. 😉

olavf
    Participant

I wasn’t sure if I would have anything for this contest as I have no idea what I do to relax (fairly stress-freee lifestyle). Still, I had a couple of last minute ideas, and I am glad I got to post in the end.
    Themes like this always throw me, and I usually do lousy in them.

For the most part, I work, and I take photos. And stare at Fark or whatever in the meantime. Or fix the umpteen computers in the house. The occasional dip in the hot tub when I’m not afraid of falling asleep in it is a nicety 😉

LeicaLens
    Participant

For the most part, I work, and I take photos. And stare at Fark or whatever in the meantime. Or fix the umpteen computers in the house. The occasional dip in the hot tub when I’m not afraid of falling asleep in it is a nicety 😉

Apart from the computer part, pretty much that’s it for me too. Work doesn’t stress me that much. This week seems to be more of a hobby theme from the looks of it, which makes sense–hobbies are relaxation. I just didn’t really think of it like that before. Some good stuff, anyway.
    Apart from the obvious photography stuff, I see we have lots of shooters, eaters, and travellers. And readers. Of Heinlein….

olavf
    Participant

Apart from the computer part, pretty much that’s it for me too. Work doesn’t stress me that much. This week seems to be more of a hobby theme from the looks of it, which makes sense–hobbies are relaxation. I just didn’t really think of it like that before. Some good stuff, anyway.
    Apart from the obvious photography stuff, I see we have lots of shooters, eaters, and travellers. And readers. Of Heinlein….

Heh. Work stresses me a-plenty :/ I don’t know if it’s the place, or if I just don’t want to do it any more. I don’t think I’ll be making a living selling photographs any time soon, at least without something magical happening like the house getting paid off first 😛
    /yeah, I could totally see myself running a gallery/studio somewhere around here. *looks away wistfully*

LeicaLens
    Participant

By the way, olavf, I liked your Farktographer’s Family shot. Reminded of my nieces when they get hold of my camera:

http://flic.kr/p/8rCWvG
    And the result:
    http://flic.kr/p/8rCWwq

olavf
    Participant

haha! nice crotch shot!

The family shot was happenstance. We bought the kids identical cameras (except for appropriate colors) for Solstice last summer, and were out on a weekend safari. I’d wandered down to a pond, and looked back and there were all these cameras pointing at me…

The girls mostly use theirs for amusingly inane youtube videos, but the older girl is starting to really take in interest. I’m hoping that holds.
    The boy has an excellent eye, but he won’t experiment either. It’s weird.

LeicaLens
    Participant

haha! nice crotch shot!

The family shot was happenstance. We bought the kids identical cameras (except for appropriate colors) for Solstice last summer, and were out on a weekend safari. I’d wandered down to a pond, and looked back and there were all these cameras pointing at me…

The girls mostly use theirs for amusingly inane youtube videos, but the older girl is starting to really take in interest. I’m hoping that holds.
    The boy has an excellent eye, but he won’t experiment either. It’s weird.

There was another she took of her Dad and her uncles (me and my other brother), except she pointed her camera waay off to one side and only got one of us in the frame. I think the camera was too big for her little hands. Her elder sister has a pretty good eye: she gets the subject in the frame at least. However, she prefers being photographed to photographing herself.
    I thought about getting her a second-hand P&S for her birthday. I think she’s too young to be using youtube yet, though.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 93 total)
  • The topic ‘08-11-10 – Farkitol 100mg’ is closed to new replies.