08-11-10 – Farkitol 100mg

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 08-11-10 – Farkitol 100mg

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 93 total)
  • Author
    Kestrana
    Participant

Apparently, someone else sitting at your computer with your account already set up and prepared to post, without even sharing your password with them is account sharing.

Curious
    Participant

Apparently, someone else sitting at your computer with your account already set up and prepared to post, without even sharing your password with them is account sharing.

yeah i hadn’t read the FAQs at fark recently.

Stealing or guessing other people’s passwords, giving or loaning your password to other users (especially TotalFark passwords), or otherwise using or sharing accounts that aren’t yours. This includes attempting to create extra accounts or using someone else’s account to evade bans. That last one bears repeating – if you create another account while your account is suspended, your new account will be locked and you may be subjected to a longer or even permanent posting ban.

i had intended to OBO staplermofo anyway but the above is pretty strict.

Curious
    Participant

OTOH i don’t see the big deal if i post for a friend who isn’t able to this week. or in the case of coupes who are both fark members so what if one posts both their entries. i have non totalfark married friends who both enter on occasion and frankly have no idea if one or the other or both post their entries. and don’t care.

it’s not like you get half credit for posting the entry.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

************ huh, you’re right 😉

Logging into someone else’s acct with their permission would constitute acct sharing. Logging into someone’s acct without permission would fall under hacking or stealing someone’s acct.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

And I think it might just be a slippery slope thing. If account sharing is allowed in certain cases, it’s too easy for people to do it under other circumstances, so it’s just outright forbidden. Also, making it outright against the rules lessens the chance you get someone Farkbacking saying, “Hey, I got banned, but it was my brother using my account, I *swear*!”

Kestrana
    Participant

Yeah it’s certainly easier to just be strict about it than make exceptions for one thing and then another, etc.

Curious
    Participant

And I think it might just be a slippery slope thing. If account sharing is allowed in certain cases, it’s too easy for people to do it under other circumstances, so it’s just outright forbidden. Also, making it outright against the rules lessens the chance you get someone Farkbacking saying, “Hey, I got banned, but it was my brother using my account, I *swear*!”

i understand and agree but there are times it’s a pain.

and it tickles me that you can have alts but not share an account.

andyofne
    Participant

The thing is, if you’re going to have someone post for you or on your behalf (with your account) you shouldn’t tell anyone. At. All.

Curious
    Participant

ok i did the OBO thing and used his captions since he had them there and i hadn’t heard back from him re to use them or not.

nice to be able to post even if it was OBO because i got noting tonight.

Elsinore
    Keymaster
    justkat
    Participant

curious – I forgot that was an OBO post when I commented on it. So, uh, nevermind. lol

mopsy
    Participant

Elsinore, please enable voting on 2010-08-11 08:10:05 PM just before your dancing entry. Boy it’s been awhile since I forgot that!

ravnostic
    Participant

NOT relaxing; trying to log into totalfark and finding out today is the day my 6 month subscription ended. But I got it renewed in time for the contest. *phew*

ok i did the OBO thing and used his captions since he had them there and i hadn’t heard back from him re to use them or not.

nice to be able to post even if it was OBO because i got noting tonight.

I only had one this week; the tessellations I feel is a pretty damned weak-arse pic, but I lucked out with a very cool sunrise that relaxed me enough to remember to take pictures, then use one of them. 🙂

Elsinore
    Keymaster

justkat: that shot of you reading just oozes peace and relaxation.

clouddancer
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 93 total)
  • The topic ‘08-11-10 – Farkitol 100mg’ is closed to new replies.