08-13-08 – Tricky

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 08-13-08 – Tricky

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 82 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Trick photography: Post photos that appear to be ‘shopped, but aren’t.

Theme suggestion courtesy of nutkick 42–thanks!

justkat
    Participant

omygosh, i have a picture i took in 1988 that is perfect… of course, i’ll obviously have to scan it in… 😛

jpatten
    Participant

I am going to assume Shopped here refers to more than just crop and level adjustments etc… A picture that looks unreal as opposed to careful adjustments to bring out the best

Elsinore
    Keymaster

That’s my presumption as well.

caradoc
    Participant

Oh, I’ve got a few of those…

nutkick_42
    Participant

I am going to assume Shopped here refers to more than just crop and level adjustments etc… A picture that looks unreal as opposed to careful adjustments to bring out the best

Yup. Looking for things that will make people think “did I click the PS contest thread by mistake?”

The standard rules apply as far as “shopping” goes.

U-Man
    Participant

Hey, if I took a photo for this contest with a 10 mm lens, can I use the Filter -> Distort -> Lens correction tool?

If not, that’s OK. It is just a snooch nicer after using it.

SilverStag
    Participant

Hey, if I took a photo for this contest with a 10 mm lens, can I use the Filter -> Distort -> Lens correction tool?

I personally don’t see the sin in that, but hopefully you’ll get an answer soon from The Powers That Be [TM]

Elsinore
    Keymaster

While there’s nothing specifically about the lens correction tool, under “acceptable modifications”, the rules do say

Correction for pincushion or barrel distortion (within reason, you’re on your honour here)

So I would think that would be close enough for lens correction. It’s applied evenly to the entire image, so I don’t think it’s a problem. I think it came up a long time ago and was deemed acceptable. Anyone else have an opinion on that?

U-Man
    Participant

Actually, my question pertains to this particular theme. I hope I’m not busted or anything, but I used that correction on my vine covered silo already. ( http://photos.imageevent.com/ulle17/fark/Silo_8925.jpg )

For this theme, the pic should look ‘shopped but not be ‘shopped. I just don’t want to cause a snafu.

/again. 🙂

nutkick_42
    Participant

As long as it’s an effect that is allowed for any normal contest, it’s allowed here. However, it should not be what causes the image to look shopped.

U-Man
    Participant

Got it. Thanks for answering.

corsec67
    Participant

Hmm, I might just have to use my new Lensbabies with the star aperture for this contest.

Then I am going to abuse some lighters, of course. Maybe burn some stuff…

Elsinore
    Keymaster

heh heh, my Lensbaby and shaped aperture already got a workout 😉

wrayvynn
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 82 total)
  • The topic ‘08-13-08 – Tricky’ is closed to new replies.