08-13-08 – Tricky

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 08-13-08 – Tricky

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 82 total)
  • Author
    U-Man
    Participant

I have been wacking my head against the desk trying to come up with something

FTFY

corsec67
    Participant

i’ve been thinking of going with long-exposure something or other.

Long exposure ghosting is probably going to be popular in this theme as well.

Without my Lensbabies I would be pretty lost in this theme as well.

dgough
    Participant

Hi Yall,

The Canon S-3 IS has a switch in it to isolate one color and make everything else black and white. Another little trick it does is to pick two colors and swap them. Like making a stop sign grassy green. Since they are done “in camera” does that make them compliant?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Hi Yall,

The Canon S-3 IS has a switch in it to isolate one color and make everything else black and white. Another little trick it does is to pick two colors and swap them. Like making a stop sign grassy green. Since they are done “in camera” does that make them compliant?

No, selective color (in or out of camera) wasn’t kosher under the old rules and it remains off limits under the new ones, sorry.

wrayvynn
    Participant
    dgough
    Participant

NBD glad i asked

sleeping
    Participant

Would IR be acceptable for this? It looks pretty strange if you don’t know what it is:

nutkick_42
    Participant

Would IR be acceptable for this?

[

Not what I was shooting for, but it’ll work.

SilverStag
    Participant

El Failo:

I was trying to get a distortion of the motion by drawing a slit across the lens as the garage door moved. Unfortunately, I can’t move my hands smoothly enough to make it work. Any suggestions?

idle_hands
    Participant

i’m pretty sure i’m “Doing It Wrong” on this one tonight… it’s more an optical illusion i think. o well.. looking forward to seeing what folks come up with

soosh
    Participant

I’m having trouble narrowing it down from 6. Two are unnatural night skies caused by overcast skies reflecting city lights on long exposures, two are multiple light sources on a bus, & two are infrared.

I can’t tell if I’ve used any of them before, because the FSM isn’t responding. Here they are. Any thoughts?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I think the green/yellow sky shot and maybe the green face guy and bus shot most “look photoshopped but aren’t”

soosh
    Participant

the two bus shots and the infrared are ones I’m more concerned about having maybe used before. Anyway you can tell? I can’t get the FSM to load.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Unfortunately, no. schnee’s on vacation and was afraid the FSM might go down in his absence. The second bus shot does look familiar, but I’m not sure if that’s because you’ve posted it here, or somewhere else on Fark or in Farktography. Any ideas what theme you might have used it for? If nothing else we could go back to those themes and look directly.

soosh
    Participant

i’ve had them in my profile, but I think I’ve used the one of the people on the bus. I’ll just leave it out.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 82 total)
  • The topic ‘08-13-08 – Tricky’ is closed to new replies.