08-13-08 – Tricky

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 08-13-08 – Tricky

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 82 total)
  • Author
    linguine
    Participant

Is darkening an image this much in gimp pushing the rules a little bit to far

Heres the original

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

I mined archived photos to find things that looked like they were manipulated digitally after the fact. That’s the best I could come up with this week. But since, as idle_hands noted, I think the ideal shots would be optical illusions not just odd photos. So if any don’t look close enough to the theme I’m ready to see them deleted. 🙂

staplermofo
    Participant

Oh man, did I misunderstand this one.
    Elsinore, you know what to do.

linguine
    Participant

Stapler, I think your shots are fine for the theme.

corsec67
    Participant

I hope I started this contest off with a bang.

Without that lens, I would have had to torture the cats more.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Is darkening an image this much in gimp pushing the rules a little bit to far

It’s a lot of darkening, but I think the new rules allow for it.

So if any don’t look close enough to the theme I’m ready to see them deleted.

I’m thinking this week calls for a lot of leeway. The theme is a little open to interpretation, and I think as long as people are posting stuff in good faith thinking it looks like a trick shot, then it should be fine.

Oh man, did I misunderstand this one.
    Elsinore, you know what to do.

What’s wrong with them? You did the zoom-during-exposure thing, right?

staplermofo
    Participant

Oh, ok then, nevermind.

Oh, and happy birthday idle_hands, the cookies were delicious.

linguine
    Participant

It’s a lot of darkening, but I think the new rules allow for it.

Thanks, not overly happy with it and its kinda hard to tell whats going on in it, but I figure since I uploaded it and all my other ideas fared even worse I might as well enter it.

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

My “4th choice” this week was this silly bird. I like the shot enough that I wanted to post it here for your amusement, even though it didn’t make the cut. Maybe I can save it for the “show some critter that stood perfectly still for a handheld evening shot except for one bady part” theme? 🙂

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Ooo idle_hands’ birthday? Happy birthday!!

mopsy
    Participant

I’m having trouble narrowing it down from 6. Two are unnatural night skies caused by overcast skies reflecting city lights on long exposures, two are multiple light sources on a bus, & two are infrared.

I can’t tell if I’ve used any of them before, because the FSM isn’t responding. Here they are. Any thoughts?

See, that’s why we should use my suggested theme for a contest. Then you could use three of the photos that you did not enter for this one. Theme idea: “I should have used that one” or as NoBigDeal suggested, “B sides & unreleased tracks.”

LogicTrick
    Participant

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3042/2760711973_091f884883_b.jpg

Who knew that rear view mirrors could be so useful!

logictrick

SilverStag
    Participant

Man, I suck this week.

linguine
    Participant

This was a hard theme, I thought I had a good idea and was going to hold a glass bottle in front of a boat to have a boat in a bottle, unfortunately the bottle was way to thick and you had no idea that there was a boat there.

corsec67
    Participant

This was a hard theme, I thought I had a good idea and was going to hold a glass bottle in front of a boat to have a boat in a bottle, unfortunately the bottle was way to thick and you had no idea that there was a boat there.

Yeah, I think you would need a piece of colored plastic or glass in the shape of a bottle in front of a ship. Too late now for this contest.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 82 total)
  • The topic ‘08-13-08 – Tricky’ is closed to new replies.