08-18-10 – Have a Seat

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 08-18-10 – Have a Seat

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 118 total)
  • Author
    orionid
    Participant

I figure, if it holds an ass, either in use or obviously having been used, then it’s game. A construction worker taking a break on a five-gallon bucket of drywall mud comes to mind.

ravnostic
    Participant

Agree with orionid. And I recall a previous thread where U-Man] said he tends to have a more open interpretation in his themes, though it would be nice to have that confirmed. Not that it matters to me; I went pretty traditional this theme.

olavf
    Participant

Sweet. I’m considering the family on the granite block I posted in the gallery section, and one or two others I took the weekend before as a 2nd/3rd shot. I’ve got two of ‘just chairs’ but it’s nice to know what the options are

ravnostic
    Participant

I’d never exploit my cat for a contest on seats, of course–but these were tempting to do so. All P&S:

I have a lot of what I consider to be good pics for this contest, though. Anyone care to help me decide which ones to use? I’m having a rough time of it.

They all pop bigger to new window.

http://fossilspringsaz.com/pics/2010/aug/18/haveaseat.html

chupathingie
    Participant

Exploit the cat. I like the last one shown above, personally 😆

ravnostic
    Participant

Exploit the cat. I like the last one shown above, personally 😆

He’s sitting, but it’s not a bench, stool, etc. It’s just a branch. And a precarious one, at best. But it’s one of my favorite Blerticus shots. 😀

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

I have a lot of what I consider to be good pics for this contest, though. Anyone care to help me decide which ones to use? I’m having a rough time of it.

I’m with you on that, rav. Honestly, when I first saw this contest coming up, I thought I might have to sit it out, but now I find I have a dozen pics that I really like and just can’t decide on.

As for your question, I like these in this order:

bench3websml.jpg
    tony1websml.jpg
    restaurant3websml.jpg

I also like canopywebsml.jpg except that the benches blend into the shrubbery too much (it actually took me a few seconds to see them). If you could perhaps brighten the darks to make the benches stand out a little I could see replacing the third entry with this one.

ravnostic
    Participant

I also like canopywebsml.jpg except that the benches blend into the shrubbery too much (it actually took me a few seconds to see them). If you could perhaps brighten the darks to make the benches stand out a little I could see replacing the third entry with this one.

Actually, the benches are as bright as I can get them without the picture taking on weird tones elsewhere (gamma issues). That was my concern with that picture, also. Thanks for the input!

U-Man
    Participant

Sorry. I hate it when these forums stop sending me alerts…

Seats with or without people are OK.
    As orionid so eloquently stated, “If it holds an ass, it is fair game”. 🙂 I initially thought about man-made seats. But natural or atypical ones are fine.
    Yes, rav, I like the more open-to-interpretation themes.

ravnostic
    Participant

As orionid so eloquently stated, “If it holds an ass, it is fair game“. 🙂 I initially thought about man-made seats. But natural or atypical ones are fine.
    Yes, rav, I like the more open-to-interpretation themes.

Damn. That means the kittah could be in. But then…what to leave out. This contest just gets harder and harder. 😯

nobigdeal
    Participant

I love the cat in the tree pic too! Creative interpretations of themes FTW!

U-Man
    Participant

I just spent some time combing through the archives. Man, I was going to go out tomorrow and hunt for a chair or two – but that would just confuse me more.

As I previously said, open interpretation is fine. I would like the sitting place to have significance though. I mean, just some guy sitting on something isn’t what this is about.

LeicaLens
    Participant

Man, I was going to go out tomorrow and hunt for a chair or two – but that would just confuse me more.

Damn, you Americans…anything with four legs and you hunt it 😉

The above sentence is a fine example of why the written English language requires the comma

lokisbong
    Participant

Man, I was going to go out tomorrow and hunt for a chair or two – but that would just confuse me more.

Damn, you Americans…anything with four legs and you hunt it 😉

The above sentence is a fine example of why the written English language requires the comma

ha ha ha! So true on both points.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

I’m suffering from a bad case of “don’t-know-what-the-freakin-voters-want” this week and could use some feedback in narrowing down my choices. If anyone feels so inclined and has the time, my potentials are posted here: Potential Have A Seat Entries. TIA…

Edited to remove deleted link

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 118 total)
  • The topic ‘08-18-10 – Have a Seat’ is closed to new replies.