08-27-08 – Panoramics

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 08-27-08 – Panoramics

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 142 total)
  • Author
    corsec67
    Participant

I tried to do something like what I did before, but failed miserably due to parallax error.

Now I am thinking about getting a pano head, like the Panosaurus.

soosh
    Participant

Can you have a panoramic Macro?

absolutely.

Killerclaw
    Participant

Can you have a panoramic Macro?

absolutely.

That sparked a fantastic idea for a shot…

*goes off to look for ants*

(Oh fuck the invalid session error message is back)

mopsy
    Participant

lokisbong I’m using Photoshop’s Photomerge. It’s in “File,” drop down to “Automate” and over to “Photomerge.” If your lucky it will stitch it together. If not you can do it manually. But if you have allowed yourself some good points of reference in each photo it should be easy to merge them. It’s my first time doing panorama photos and I’m absolutely addicted to it. What fun! My photos aren’t as spectacular as some of yours. Just our river in summer and then winter and an upper field. But it’s been a blast. Thanks simdan42 for suggesting the contest!!

jpatten
    Participant

Shoot .. There i go revealing ideas!

Flavivirus
    Participant

nobigdeal, corsec67, u-man, killerclaw, shoosh, teffy… thank you all for the compliments. it means a lot for me to hear you guys say such nice things!

dunno how it will do, i would love it to do well but I thought my John Legend picture would win “Blue” 😛 hahaha. Repeats mantra: It’s not photography, it’s Farktography.

Shoosh, it looks very good full size, but because i was tripodless, all i see are the few stitching errors 😛 I will go back someday and do it all again with a tripod, now that I know how good it looks.

I also way over-shot… you only need about 4 layers of 11 photos each, not 7 layers of 50 😛

FV

oh and teffy, I’m happy you like it, but I charge $50 per autograph, and you have to contact my manager 😛

Elsinore
    Keymaster
    corsec67
    Participant

Flaviviurs, wow, your Beihai Park picture is also very incredible.
    I actually like it better than your “Night to Day” picture.

Flavivirus
    Participant

Hahaha, thank you! Again, patience was required, because I was waiting for eeeverything to line up. Tho the panorama for that one was snapped in about 15 seconds. 😛 The Day to Night one looks very unassuming at 161 pixels tall. Farktography was not made for this contest… but I know we’re gonna rock it no matter what 😉

FV

Flavivirus
    Participant

I made a booboo in my 3rd post, if a mod could rectify would be greatly appreciated 😀

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I made a booboo in my 3rd post, if a mod could rectify would be greatly appreciated 😀

What’s the booboo?

Flavivirus
    Participant

I have 3 posts in a row… only about 5 from bottom right now. The first one and third one need to be deleted. The second baseball one is the one that I want up. The first one had part of the explanation from my HK Harbour picture in it.

Killerclaw
    Participant

Dang, I just remembered some shots I took to make a Pano…that would look better then then Fuji thing.

Would it be against the rules to replace it?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I have 3 posts in a row… only about 5 from bottom right now. The first one and third one need to be deleted. The second baseball one is the one that I want up. The first one had part of the explanation from my HK Harbour picture in it.

Ahh I gotcha. I’d missed your explanation. Got it taken care of now.

Flavivirus
    Participant

thanks Elsinore!

you’re the best

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 142 total)
  • The topic ‘08-27-08 – Panoramics’ is closed to new replies.