08-27-08 – Panoramics

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 08-27-08 – Panoramics

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 142 total)
  • Author
    soosh
    Participant

I know what you mean. I find myself often taking landscape shots with my 100-400mm lens and it occurs to me that there’s no adequate way to really show scale sometimes.

Teffy
    Participant

Got nothing, and don’t want to download any more software, my computer is full! (working on fixing that..) I think I’ll sit back and admire everyone else’s photos this contest 😀

Flavivirus
    Participant

OK… panoramas have long been a hobby of mine, so for 2 i’ll be selecting from my archive (about 600 or so to choose from!)… but i decided to do a farktography only one, and the results are interesting! I will go back later and do it “perfect-er” with a better setup and actually remember to bring my tripod!! (for the night portions, I had to take 12 consecutive images and toss the 11 least stable :P).

Hong Kong Harbour, Day to Night

Taken from 4:00pm-10:00pm
    350 consecutive pictures
    Final image size 140megapixels
    Stitched by hand (every program I had failed), so the old “copy, paste, blend, copy, paste, blend” technique.
    No spot corrections!
    Spent about 3 hours waiting for swap memory… grrr…

This is a bigger version, but the one that i’m hanging onto for me is ginormous, I love it so much I think I’m going to get it printed and hang it 😛

so my question is… how should i present it?! it looks horrible at 161px tall (The banding of day-night is so grotesque)
    [/img]

Flavivirus
    Participant

Oh, and it was taken by doing 7 rows, starting from the top, of 50 photos each @ 50mm. Each row was done every 50 minutes 🙂 Each row was stiched by computer and then thrown out because photoshop hates me. So, each row was stitched manually, then each row was stitched on top of each other.

nobigdeal
    Participant

Flavivirus

That is a freaking unreal shot.

I bow down before you!

Another theme I won’t be winning.

*shakes fist* 😀

Flavivirus
    Participant

I’m happy if i get top 10, with the talent in Farktography! The best part for me is that I actually did this effort (can I mention it was 33degrees and humid?) entirely for the contest, even though I have 600+ panoramas on my laptop!), so whatever votes I get, I will feel like I REALLY earned them, even if it’s just my own 😛

Often in the contests, I’m trawling through my archives or coming up with a last minute idea… this one, I had the inspiration “do a day long panorama!” and went banzai for it… so… yeah. this is my baby.

nobigdeal
    Participant
    nobigdeal
    Participant

I’m happy if i get top 10, with the talent in Farktography! The best part for me is that I actually did this effort (can I mention it was 33degrees and humid?) entirely for the contest, even though I have 600+ panoramas on my laptop!), so whatever votes I get, I will feel like I REALLY earned them, even if it’s just my own 😛

Often in the contests, I’m trawling through my archives or coming up with a last minute idea… this one, I had the inspiration “do a day long panorama!” and went banzai for it… so… yeah. this is my baby.

Seriously…that is an amazing photo.

I only wish I was able to put that kind of effort in.

If you are not top 3 with that then something is wrong.

U-Man
    Participant

Flavivirus, Astounding. I can see why you are proud of it. If I had such an inspired idea and then actually accomplished it (with a bunch of work), I’d be proud of it too. Well done.

corsec67, uuhhh. That 2nd place is looking more likely. 🙂

corsec67
    Participant

corsec67, uuhhh. That 2nd place is looking more likely. 🙂

Yes, yes it is.

I maybe could do something like that of Denver, but I don’t want to be taking pictures of Denver from like 4AM to 8AM this week.

Teffy
    Participant

Hong Kong Harbour, Day to Night

Ok, you’ve officially become my hero. May I have your autograph?

Killerclaw
    Participant

*HK*

*Background on HDTV secondary monitor*

Killerclaw
    Participant

Off the side of Fuji Compressed to Fark size

=/

Big->http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/killerclaw/fuji1-1.jpg

soosh
    Participant

Flavivirus. dude. that is heroic. god i’d love to see that printed huge and all the detail that must be there.

jpatten
    Participant

Hmm I did one special for this contest… though nothing that dramatic… Can you have a panoramic Macro? *grin*

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 142 total)
  • The topic ‘08-27-08 – Panoramics’ is closed to new replies.