08-27-08 – Panoramics

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 08-27-08 – Panoramics

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 142 total)
  • Author
    soosh
    Participant

or even leave more of the shot in to the left, but bring the right edge in closer to the edge of the falls, maybe.

soosh
    Participant

vs

RcMacStudent
    Participant

Thanks, I hadn’t thought to go tighter. I’ll try it and see what I come up with.

U-Man
    Participant

this is the only pano i’ve done so far

It got all grainy, though, and I’m not sure how that happened.

soosh, that’s a crazy pic. Almost monochrome on the left and that rainbow on the right give it a wierd discordance. I don’t know if I like the feeling or not. I will say that it’s better than anything I can do at this point. 🙂

corsec67, that parking garage is a kick-ass photo. I really like the vertical presentation. Do you think that it would be better or worse if you cropped the bottom up to the cement floor?

corsec67
    Participant

corsec67, that parking garage is a kick-ass photo. I really like the vertical presentation. Do you think that it would be better or worse if you cropped the bottom up to the cement floor?

I haven’t cropped it because I like how it covers a full sphere, with the two holes, one for the tripod, and the other because I couldn’t tilt the camera up enough.

U-Man
    Participant

I haven’t cropped it because I like how it covers a full sphere, with the two holes, one for the tripod, and the other because I couldn’t tilt the camera up enough.

That’s cool. Just throwing it out there.

You might have to wait another week for that elusive #2. That just might be a #1 photo there.

/don’t mean to jinx you or anything.
    //just made crazy ‘magic hex fingers’ at my monitor. 🙂

lokisbong
    Participant

Elsinore ” That’s gorgeous. You should certainly link to the large version, but I think the smaller one you have for posting should suffice for the thread. If you can resize the large one to 640, there should be plenty of detail to get a good feel for the photo.”

Thanks the small one is at 640 by 131 already and It was shrunk down from 2912 by 596 cropped. The top picture was full sized and the lower is a thumbnail pic. I think I just need to use Gimp a little better.I haven’t even attempted the stitching thing yet.

soosh
    Participant

soosh, that’s a crazy pic. Almost monochrome on the left and that rainbow on the right give it a wierd discordance. I don’t know if I like the feeling or not. I will say that it’s better than anything I can do at this point. Smile

Isn’t it? I took all the shots handheld, and quickly, before it all disappeared. From the area by the rainbow to the furthest back on the glacier is about 8 miles or so. It’s an odd viewpoint further compressed by the lens.

Killerclaw
    Participant

This contest was made for soosh, and I already used one of my favorites in the Nature contest.

soosh
    Participant

I’ve got a friend here who is just crazy with the panoramics.

Found this one, too, that I had forgotten about.

I really want to try something curved and warped like Corsec has, though.

lokisbong
    Participant

O.k. I’ve been messing with the stitching program that came with my camera and it seems to really suck. Or I am to stupid to take stitching compatible pictures.But I still think it’s PhotoStitch that is screwing up. What program do you all use? Does gimp work very well for stitching.and if so is there a tutorial?

corsec67
    Participant

The best I have used is Hugin, which is free.

It is fairly complex, but there are a few tutorials.

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

I thought that waterfall looked familiar, but wasn’t sure until I found this picture from a Yosemite trip a few years ago!

Mine’s from a completely different angle and different time of the year so it doesn’t work as well as RcMacStudent‘s as a panorama. But that striped rock is really unique and it triggered a happy memory.

BTW, I like the skinnier crops people suggested.

soosh
    Participant

the people really add the perspective to that photo.

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

the people really add the perspective to that photo.

You mean the little ant-like specs? 🙂 I found a lot of things in Yosemite warp your sense of personal scale and it was really hard to get pictures that capture it felt when I was there.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 142 total)
  • The topic ‘08-27-08 – Panoramics’ is closed to new replies.