09-07-11 – Farktography Classic: Black and White 3

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 09-07-11 – Farktography Classic: Black and White 3

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    ravnostic
    Participant

For those of you who aren’t facebook friends – check this shiat out. I copied my last status about the $3000 musky I caught today. 🙁

I went fishing today and, as usual, I had my camera and tripod in the boat. When the fish aren?t biting I?ll take photos. When the big fish bite, I take a photo of me holding it before release. I caught this guy today at Banner Marsh. With the fish in the net (still in the water) I set up my camera and tripod on the front seat. The, using the self timer, I took a pic of me and the fish sitting on the back seat. After the first one, I rushed forward and pushed the button for just one more pic. As I sort of ran to the back of the boat I heard a ?SPLASH? and got a sick feeling in my stomach. I turned and my camera was GONE. Just like in the movies, there were ripples and some bubbles where it went in. I must have rocked the boat enough and it just fell into the lake.

I said, ?Oh f*ck!?.

I immediately released the fish (he did OK and slowly swam away) and sort of dug around with my net. No luck. I then stripped down and jumped in! I spent the next 20 minutes chest deep in weedy lake water holding onto the side of my boat ? feeling around with my toes. Nothing.

Banner Marsh – 1, Ulle ? 0.

If you want to price check, it was a Canon 7D, EF-S 17-55 F/2.8 lens, 16 Gig Extreme IV CF card and a UV haze lens filter. Oh yeah, and a Manfrotto 725B tripod.

I’m never taking my camera in a boat again. I’d have nightmares. Sorry!

kashari
    Participant

For those of you who aren’t facebook friends – check this shiat out. I copied my last status about the $3000 musky I caught today. 🙁

http://photos.imageevent.com/ulle17/farkphotoshop/_3000-Musky.jpg

O to the Motherfarking G!! At first I thought you meant you WON $3000 in a tourney or something, that’s one of the saddest equip stories yet. Sorry U-Man! 😥

justkat
    Participant

Is it possible for my posts to be restored? I don’t know why fark thinks the images were deleted. =( Wish i’d noticed earlier.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I saw the pic, but hadn’t seen the story posted yet. Oh…oh f**k…oh mother f**k……

Plamadude30k
    Participant

For those of you who aren’t facebook friends – check this shiat out. I copied my last status about the $3000 musky I caught today.

Holy. Farking. Carp.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Is it possible for my posts to be restored? I don’t know why fark thinks the images were deleted. =( Wish i’d noticed earlier.

Hm..I didn’t see them…let me dig around for them.

justkat
    Participant

Oh Gods, U-Man. My condolences.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Hm..I didn’t see them…let me dig around for them.

Got ’em

olavf
    Participant

Holy hell U-Man. That farking sucks 🙁

justkat
    Participant

Got ’em

Thank you! <3

U-Man
    Participant

Thanks guys. I alternate between “It’s only money. Nothing irreplaceable was lost.” to a rueful chuckle to being pissed at myself…and back to the fact that nothing irreplaceable was lost.

Plus, it was JUST a Canon. I mean, imagine how pissed I would be if it were a Nikon. 🙂

Curious
    Participant

man that sucks U-Man.

i hadn’t planned on entering tonight since i had no new stuff shot for this contest. and not much i liked in the archives but it’s a “classic” contest and i had to post something. so there are three that we’ll see what the voters think of them.

orionid
    Participant

man. i thought i felt ill when i did that to my $300 d50 two years back. i think i’m going to vomit just reading this. but yeah…. nothing irreplacable.

edit: you can borrow my snorkel gear if you want to go back.

lokisbong
    Participant

Oh shit! Not good. Sorry for your loss.

Uranus
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 74 total)
  • The topic ‘09-07-11 – Farktography Classic: Black and White 3’ is closed to new replies.