Skip to toolbar

09-23-09 – A Day Late and a Dollar Short

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 09-23-09 – A Day Late and a Dollar Short

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

The step-sister to the B-sides theme: these are pictures that you took after the theme they are perfect for.D’oh! Difficulty: No photos from Inept Farktographer,HDR,Stitching,Colour Popping,Take 3, or other specialty themes that fall outside normal rules.

Theme suggestion kudos go to justkat–thanks!

bucky_bacon
    Participant

I asked a question back in the original theme thread, only to receive no response. So I’d like to try again. Just throw something at me if I’m an idiot.

—-

I have a question of etiquette for this one. Should we consider all of the themes since we have been active (or participated in)? Or does this encompass all themes in the history of Farktography, even back before our boobies?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Hmm good question. Makes more sense with the wording that it would be any theme during the time you’ve been participating, but that would be hard to police.

justkat?

justkat
    Participant

My intention was themes that you participated in and then the next day or week or month found that perfect shot for. I kinda understand the urge to go back and participate in themes that predate your boobies, but that wasn’t my original intent. I could have my arm twisted, I suppose, if a lot of people want it to be the other way…

Sorry I missed your question, Bucky, I didn’t ignore you on purpose.

bucky_bacon
    Participant

I know you wouldn’t ignore me! Thanks for the response(s) though. I just wanted to confirm what we had to play with on this one. Thanks for clearing it up!

nobigdeal
    Participant

I like the idea of keeping it to themes you participated in. Problem is what about noobs?

clouddancer
    Participant

I guess my opinion on that, NBD, is that I’d say if you’re a n00b, just joining then the last couple of months are open or so. I’ve only been doing this a couple of months now, is it, but already I have a few pictures that are ready (I’m thinking Shiny, Shiny Metal with the innards of a hard drive for one, some industry ones for another).

Question though, if we have some shots that would have been good for the Take3 one (Do It Yourself), could we post the 3-in-1 for that one only and would that limit our posts or should that one be left out?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

No, we should probably leave Take 3 out of the equation.

clouddancer
    Participant

That’s fine by me. I had a thought about it, but I’ll make a mental note to avoid that. Still have other options. 😀

corsec67
    Participant

This is going to involve a bunch of digging for me.

What about software-intense themes, as I have a bunch of stitched pictures that I took after at least one of the panorama themes.

justkat
    Participant

my my my…. okay. no “specialty themes” like those above. No themes where there was more than one shot per post, no themes that break the ordinary manipulation rules. Personally I’m inclined to allow panoramas, but I don’t know that allowing panoramas in light of cutting off all the other stuff might not be fair.

justkat
    Participant

As for newbs… let them pick anything up to 10 themes back (that doesn’t violate the above)? i’d like input on this arbitrary number I just picked out of the air.

mopsy
    Participant

my my my…. okay. no “specialty themes” like those above. No themes where there was more than one shot per post, no themes that break the ordinary manipulation rules. Personally I’m inclined to allow panoramas, but I don’t know that allowing panoramas in light of cutting off all the other stuff might not be fair.

I was going along fine thinking I would enter at least one of the color popping photos. I really liked my pink poppy but afterwards decided everyone must have thought it was boring. Had a funny one that may have drawn more votes. But the ruling is no to using a photo from the color popping theme. Correct?

linguine
    Participant

I was going along fine thinking I would enter at least one of the color popping photos. I really liked my pink poppy but afterwards decided everyone must have thought it was boring. Had a funny one that may have drawn more votes. But the ruling is no to using a photo from the color popping theme. Correct?

I think color popping would fall under the no special rules contest exclusion and couldn’t be used. But if it was a photo that you were debating using for the color popping theme it wouldn’t be eligible because the photos are supposed to be from after the contest happened.

justkat
    Participant

I think color popping would fall under the no special rules contest exclusion and couldn’t be used. But if it was a photo that you were debating using for the color popping theme it wouldn’t be eligible because the photos are supposed to be from after the contest happened.

That, indeed, is the spirit of the contest. if she had seen a picture yesterday and thought “DAMN! that would have been so good!” it would be eligible, but the colorpopping theme is out anyway. =P

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 99 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.