09-23-09 – A Day Late and a Dollar Short

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 09-23-09 – A Day Late and a Dollar Short

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    bucky_bacon
    Participant

I found that two of the shots I planned to use for this contest, I already used in other contests. Oh well…Hit the archives and hope for the best.

I did the same thing. I took a shot that I loved the day after “Ugly” but then used it in the anniversary thread before this was scheduled. It did better than I expected though 🙂

Also upset with myself now because I looked through the folders I made up for each theme, but didn’t make folders for the first few, such as “eyes have it” and “still life” grrr… ah well!

And while I’m here – U-man… that lizard… crikey! Gorgeous!

justkat
    Participant
    justkat
    Participant

Elsinore... I don’t mean to pick nits… but wasn’t “the shadow knows” supposed to have the shadow as the subject? or am i totally looking at your picture the wrong way? (I do have the sun at my back right now… 😉 )

edited to add: olavf has corrected me saying that the difficulty was that whatever cast the shadow couldn’t be in the picture. so nevermind me! =P

clouddancer
    Participant

My pictures may or may not disappear into the ether. Photobucket is supposed to renew in a couple of hours, but I don’t get paid until Friday. I will renew then, and so long as my bandwidth doesn’t reach a critical level (which it shouldn’t based on the history that I can see), they should stay posted and be ok. Just thought I’d give a head’s up.

soosh
    Participant

if they go offline for you, send me an email. I can host them for you.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

The official theme description on “The Shadow Knows” was “Photographs where a shadow is the main subject. Note: Silhouettes do not count as shadows.” Admittedly, one could argue whether or not the shadow is actually the subject of my photograph, but that was my intent, anyway.

QueenBee
    Participant

I”m not sure what protocol is, but I forgot to enable voting for my submission of 2009-09-23 08:03:10 PM – still of the night. Do I repost with voting enabled or can voting be turned on for that post?
    Please let me know! Thank you!

MB

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I can enable it for you. Off to do that now.

QueenBee
    Participant

I can enable it for you. Off to do that now.

You’re awesome 🙂 Thank you!

IncorrigibleKitty
    Participant

Could someone please delete my entry at 2009-09-24 12:14:23 AM? Thanks so much!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Yep got it

Kestrana
    Participant

Oh hey
    There’s a forum I should be reading.
    Well I missed the message about only posting from themes you participated in but I will comfort myself with the fact I’ve been oogling Fark since 2001 without the proper nerve to actually participate in anything until recently.

clouddancer
    Participant

Yay! Welcome! I’m new here too. I only started participating in Farktography I think it was late June? I haven’t bee on Fark much longer than that. I’ve had the account, just not posted much. Guess I’m more of a lurker.

On another note, my pictures still see to be up and they do appear to be clicky-popping to the larger size (in a new window, of course), so that’s good news. And, it appears I have votes too! Really cool!

U-Man
    Participant

And while I’m here – U-man… that lizard… crikey! Gorgeous!

Thanks BB. I was glad he was on the other side of a piece of glass.

Kestrana – welcome to the…well not really a madhouse. More of a house for slightly off creative geeks. Anyway, stick around. It’s pretty neat.

justkat
    Participant

welcome kestrana!

elsinore – I hope you know I wasn’t trying to be mean, I was just sort of confused and misremembering, I guess. Olav had a shot where a person was casting the shadow and we had to get pretty creative to get the shot he wanted without having the person in it and i think that’s part of what threw me off… but even if I had no excuse at all, my question still wouldn’t have been out of spite. I adore you and your photography. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 99 total)
  • The topic ‘09-23-09 – A Day Late and a Dollar Short’ is closed to new replies.