09-23-09 – A Day Late and a Dollar Short

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 09-23-09 – A Day Late and a Dollar Short

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    linguine
    Participant

I know that we’re only supposed to use photos that fit themes since we’ve started competing in farktography, but are we just supposed to use themes we’ve already competed in or can we also use themes that we skipped after our boobies?

olavf
    Participant

That’s a funny question, linguine considering I’ve got a boobies, and then a good year and a half before I started participating. Personally, I’m going for the latter, since I hadn’t considered those contests at all, let alone take pictures for them.
    /but that’s just me. I’m weird.

orionid
    Participant

I’m in olavf‘s boat. On the flip side, though, there are contests that I was planning on participating in, but given the events of this summer, I just didn’t.

swampa
    Participant

Can we please allow entries from contest we didn’t enter but would have if we weren’t a complete nuff-nuff?

I had a great entry planned for the euphanisms contest (well in my mind anyway!) and planned to get stuff for it that night after work. It dawned on me about thirty minutes later that I’m a day out and the contest starts in about an hour 🙁

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I don’t think there’s any possible way we could really police whether everyone participated in every single contest they list. Well, ok, we *could* police it, but it would be a time consuming pain in the ass 😉

Should we ask everyone to mention the contest their entry would have been for, though? Just for everyone’s edification?

corsec67
    Participant

Should we ask everyone to mention the contest their entry would have been for, though? Just for everyone’s edification?

Isn’t that usually the rule for these contests where the pictures were for another theme originally?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Yes, but we never specifically spelled that out for this one.

clouddancer
    Participant

I think mentioning the contest they would have been for is good. Otherwise, it’s a free for all. This sort of is, but it’s an organized chaos.

I haven’t exactly figured out what I’m going to be putting in for this, although I do have a couple of shiny metal pictures I might put in that were definitely taken after the fact. I’m still trying to figure out exactly what I can take pictures of from up above. My 3-year-old building and destroying and building again block and/or lego towers has the wheels turning in my head…

justkat
    Participant

YES, definitely say what contest you meant the picture to be for!

I, too, find the concept of using contests before your boobies tempting, but I don’t think they should count, alas. I would have loved to participate in Trees and I know where you’ve been… but alas, before my time. I think we should keep to that rule. Though, as said, no way to police it and I don’t think it’s worth any skull sweat thinking about it. 😉

soosh
    Participant

you people make my head spin.

olavf
    Participant

you people make my head spin.

Right round, baby. Right round.

corsec67
    Participant

Should the picture have been taken soon afterwards, or would a picture taken a year later still count. (In a similar vein, would that allow us to use pictures taken since this theme was suggested?)

I get to choose from any theme in the past 2 years, except ones that were excluded in this theme description.

justkat
    Participant

sorry soosh – this wasn’t supposed to be a complicated idea!

corsec – The picture can be taken ANY time after… ideally you should think “damn that would have been good for ___” either when you shoot or when you get it on your computer and see how it really looks, but I’m not the thought police, so I suppose if the pic was taken after and it works then you’ll get away with it. 😉

orionid
    Participant

thought police

NO! NO! NO! NO! He does not love big brother!

Curious
    Participant

want to give a big shout out to schnee for the FSM. without it this contest would be much more difficult.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 99 total)
  • The topic ‘09-23-09 – A Day Late and a Dollar Short’ is closed to new replies.