09-23-09 – A Day Late and a Dollar Short

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 09-23-09 – A Day Late and a Dollar Short

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    U-Man
    Participant

you people make my head spin.

Not that smoldering bowl?

I have one so far that definitely fits. I took it a month after ‘Trees’ and ‘Reflections’ and it is reflections of trees. My youngest brought home a cold to share with the family so I have not been really motivated to do more searching.

I agree with Curious, without schnee‘s FSM this wouldn’t be possible. (double negative –> schnee‘s FSM makes this possible.)

justkat
    Participant

Heh, no just more difficult. I put the themes on my calendar every week, and put each theme in its own folder, though I didn’t always do that by date, still it was by theme name regardless if the date was there too… so knowing what themes I’ve participated in would only be slightly more difficult without FSM. But, having said all that, I did use the “show contests” scroll bar to do a quick and dirty “remind me again what the heck I’ve been doing”? 😉

On another note… I wish I had a crystal ball and could know which contests other people are going to use, so I could choose pix that would stand out more. Also I wish the voters were a little less “oooh shiny!” sometimes, because I have a picture I LOVE that would have fit in the Brown contest, but I don’t think I’ll be using it because it’s a little subtle for a farktography contest. 😉

justkat
    Participant

General Poll:

Linking to the contest your pic would have been for: required or only awfully damn nice?

U-Man
    Participant

Nice but not required.

linguine
    Participant

I’d say just have people say what contest their pics wouldve been for. Especially since not even half of the entries are still up in some of the old contests

linguine
    Participant

Having just started going through my archives and going over the just over 200 contests that have happened since my boobies I’m becoming convinced that whoever suggested this just hates those of us who have been doing this for a long time and just wants to make our brains hurt.

olavf
    Participant

I’d be inclined to agree with you but I want to be able to go home tonight… =/

And I’ve only got 50 some-odd contests to work with.

Ironically, I know I have some that I thought exactly that – “if only….” – but I can’t remember what they are.

justkat
    Participant

*hangs head* it wasn’t supposed to be this hard!

And you can’t blame just me; I suggested it, but I’m not in control of the hopper lol.

About my poll question: in “a second look” the contests were named and linked.

we already agreed you have to name the contest your pic is for. *shrug* we don’t have to make a rule of providing links; there’s too many rules already. I’ma do it anyway, though. It gives one’s picture a context.

linguine
    Participant

Its ok, I’ve gotten it narrowed down to a small 33, not counting that any of my shots from when I went to the grand canyon would fit the time theme.

nobigdeal
    Participant

And you can’t blame just me; I suggested it, but I’m not in control of the hopper lol.

About my poll question: in “a second look” the contests were named and linked.

we already agreed you have to name the contest your pic is for. *shrug* we don’t have to make a rule of providing links; there’s too many rules already. I’ma do it anyway, though. It gives one’s picture a context.

I agree, enough rules already. If people don’t name the original contest they are only hurting themselves.

It’s only common sense.

staplermofo
    Participant

*fashions a crude sock puppet to scowl CSI style at the hopper while he scowls Law & Order style at justkat*

clouddancer
    Participant

I actually have a question about what would qualify for the contest. I happened across this picture (link below) when I was looking through my recent pictures. I’m thinking I could have submitted it for the Man’s Best Friend contest, but alas it was taken after that (7/29/09 actually). Anyway, it’s more of “a boy and his dog” and I’m wondering if it shows more of my boy than it does of the dog? Yes, we actually handed over the leash to our 3-year-old, and he didn’t let her (Penny, the beagle) stray too far. It was rather cute.

Thanks! I do have one other that I’m using regardless, but I thought I’d ask about this one since the dog’s mostly covered by my son and all you really see is her butt.

justkat
    Participant

clouddancer – yes, when you look at that picture you think the boy is the subject, especially since you can’t see all of the dog. still kinda cool pic! 🙂

I agree, enough rules already. If people don’t name the original contest they are only hurting themselves.

It’s only common sense.

You’re right, but I think we did agree that you should put the contest name at the least with your picture… how else would voters know what the heck the pic was about? I think, personally, i probably wouldn’t vote for someone who omitted that information. I can live without the link; if I’m that curious, i can look it up. 😉

Curious
    Participant

if I’m that curious, i can look it up.

well i am that Curious and all the looking in the world isn’t helping me for this one. i’ve been here pretty much from the beginning and what i’m finding is lots of b sides but no “wow that would have been great” ones.

so yes, what linguine said^

i do hope that folks will identify what the original contest was with or without a link.

and if you do put a link PLEASE make it open in a new window/tab.

soosh
    Participant

you people make my head spin.

Not that smoldering bowl?

I have one so far that definitely fits. I took it a month after ‘Trees’ and ‘Reflections’ and it is reflections of trees. My youngest brought home a cold to share with the family so I have not been really motivated to do more searching.

I agree with Curious, without schnee‘s FSM this wouldn’t be possible. (double negative –> schnee‘s FSM makes this possible.)

no, the smoldering bowl just helps keep my mind good and limber. well-stretched & ready for inaction.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 99 total)
  • The topic ‘09-23-09 – A Day Late and a Dollar Short’ is closed to new replies.