09-24-08 – In and Out

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 09-24-08 – In and Out

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    mopsy
    Participant

I thought I’d see more HDR in this contest. It was certainly new to me and has been a great learning experience. I love the depth it gives to a photo.

orionid
    Participant

I, too, had greater expectations for this theme…Turns out, those little toy, keychain, cameras that can be purchased at the local CVS (or equivalent) not only taste bad, and probably contain lead in the colored plastic, but can’t gather enough light while inside the mouth to show the back of the teeth combined with an interesting POV on the outside….

They also don’t gather enough light to bother sneaking into the gentelmans club….
    /So I’ve heard.

corsec67
    Participant

They also don’t gather enough light to bother sneaking into the gentelmans club….
    /So I’ve heard.

Sure, you have to bring in your own light. And a f/1.4 or f/0.95 lens.

My car engine entry is one of my favorite entries ever.

FutherMucker
    Participant

They also don’t gather enough light to bother sneaking into the gentelmans club…./So I’ve heard.

That’s disgusting, an invasion of privacy, and degrading to women..I have no idea why you just shared that with me, but…

/I’m glad you did 8) 😆

soosh
    Participant

/So I’ve heard.

Sure, you have to bring in your own light. And a f/1.4 or f/0.95 lens.

My car engine entry is one of my favorite entries ever.

Gotta give some love to the Subaru.

Mine’s a ’98 with 145,000 miles and a blown head gasket that I can’t afford to replace, but it keeps on chugging along.

corsec67
    Participant

Gotta give some love to the Subaru.

Mine’s a ’98 with 145,000 miles and a blown head gasket that I can’t afford to replace, but it keeps on chugging along.

Oh yeah. I bought that ’00 with 200,000 miles on it last year. The clutch is a bit on the worn side, and that is the only thing wrong with it.

olavf
    Participant

I thought I’d see more HDR in this contest. It was certainly new to me and has been a great learning experience. I love the depth it gives to a photo.

I was going to, but time and family concerns meant I couldn’t spend half the weekend mucking around. Definitely something I’m going to play with though.

soosh
    Participant

I had to put a new clutch in mine a few years back. 6 years of parallel parking on snow-covered streets about the same rise as San Francisco did a number on it.

I’ve been amazed, though, how well those damned cars handle in the snow. Before my Subaru, I had a 1985 Jeep Grand Wagoneer, and I thought it did good in the snow. I wish the Subaru had about three or four inches more clearance, but damn, it is something. I’ve spun it out once in slow motion on black ice, but other than that, with no studded tires, it has given me 8 winters up here with fantastic results. I just totally forget I’m driving on ice or snow until I drive something that isn’t a Subaru.

Our Durango has the clearance and the big engine, but it’s no match for handling.

soosh
    Participant

I tried taking some HDR photos from inside a Forest Service WPA-era cabin looking out over the glacier, but the sun coming in the windows was too strong and screwed up the HDR process. I’ll have to go back when it’s all back-lit.

Uranus
    Participant

elsinore, be a dear and delete mine…i appear to be al little ahead of meself(my thursday looks to be going to crap already) 😳

Elsinore
    Keymaster

hehe already done. Looking forward to seeing them next week!

Uranus
    Participant

hehe already done. Looking forward to seeing them next week!

thanks…getting up at 4.30 am and getting home at 7 or 8pm is killing me…[weird smiley with x-ed out eyes]

orionid
    Participant

Sure, you have to bring in your own light.

Heh. The smallest of those lights is still a good four or five times the size of a keycahin camera. I was lucky the thing had a slot for micro SD.

corsec67
    Participant

Heh. The smallest of those lights is still a good four or five times the size of a keycahin camera. I was lucky the thing had a slot for micro SD.

Personally, I would rather just pay a model, and use a studio with proper lighting, like here(sfw, barely)

orionid
    Participant

Personally, I would rather just pay a model, and use a studio with proper lighting, like here(sfw, barely)

Now, see, that makes sense. But unfortunately, my “studio” comes complete with used carburetors, rusty body panels, multiple toolboxes, a washer and dryer, and lighting in the form of droplights (most frequently suspended from the engine hoist). Oh, and did I mention the concrete floor that hosts random puddles of green, brown, and burgandy fluids? Yeah, no model in his or her right mind would pose in that. Unless you count the random snapshots of me up to my armpits in a chevy engine bay.

Guess it’s pretty obvious which hobby I dump more cash into. Something in my head justifies $600 on a new core support alot easier than $600 on a new lens. I figure when I get back to college, though, I’m going to focus my arts electives in the photography direction and actually learn something rather than just “try it and see.” Then maybe sometime around 2012 I might get my first top ten. 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 80 total)
  • The topic ‘09-24-08 – In and Out’ is closed to new replies.