09-29-10 – Just Desserts

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 09-29-10 – Just Desserts

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    Kestrana
    Participant

There’s no restrictions on what can be in the picture as long as it includes some sort of dessert.

clouddancer
    Participant

As good an idea as it seemed, somehow dark chocolate brownies didn’t come out as delectable-looking as I would have hoped.

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r69/clouddancer19/Farktography/09292010%20Desserts/100_9576.jpg

Set these out on the deck after dark with just the flood light on and used long-term exposure to get enough light, no flash. Will have to bake another batch of brownies in order to take more shots (the above is the best), but I’ve since made chocolate chip cookies (with help from the resident 4-year-old) and while I got better pictures of those, they also haven’t lasted long, so will have to re-bake more to get other shots. Though, I think this one came out nicely:

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r69/clouddancer19/Farktography/09292010%20Desserts/100_9779.jpg

Curious
    Participant

She was also cat fur intolerant and wanted me to get rid of my cat who I had known a lot longer than her. I still have the cat….

boy do i know about that. me and the animals are a package deal. fortunately there are cat and dog lovers out there of the female persuasion.

my current desert pictures aren’t that good. in fact they pretty much suck. the eating part was good though.

Kestrana
    Participant

See, this theme has fringe benefits!

cameraflage
    Participant

Rats. I thought it said “Just Deserts”.

I have a great sand dune shot I’ve been saving.

ravnostic
    Participant

To be honest, I’m thinking of sitting this one out. I just don’t have any good ideas, and a macro of a twinkie doesn’t seem like it would do well. 🙁

orionid
    Participant

To be honest, I’m thinking of sitting this one out. I just don’t have any good ideas, and a macro of a twinkie doesn’t seem like it would do well. 🙁

No, but a mountain of twinkies………..

olavf
    Participant

Well, let’s say this Twinkie represents the normal amount of psychokinetic energy in the New York area. Based on this morning’s sample, it would be a Twinkie… thirty-five feet long, weighing approximately six hundred pounds.

/I think I have one for this week. I’m really just not much of a dessert person, so there’s not much in my cooking repertoire =P

Elsinore
    Keymaster

If someone asks if you’re a God, YOU SAY YES!!!!!!

linguine
    Participant

No, but a mountain of twinkies………..

surviving a nuclear blast

You may need to cover the camera in twinkies too to make sure it survives as well.

olavf
    Participant

Go get her, Ray!

Kestrana
    Participant

We used to roast Stay Puft marshmallows by the fire at Camp Wakonda.

orionid
    Participant

I tried to think of the most harmless thing. Something I loved from my childhood. Something that could never ever possibly destroy us.

/Sumerian, not Babylonian.

caradoc
    Participant

I’m really just not much of a dessert person, so there’s not much in my cooking repertoire =P

I grill. My wife bakes.

And, oh boy, does she bake…

(Harmless? They’re CAFFEINATED MARSHMALLOWS.)

nobigdeal
    Participant

I’m really just not much of a dessert person, so there’s not much in my cooking repertoire =P

I grill. My wife bakes.

And, oh boy, does she bake…

(Harmless? They’re CAFFEINATED MARSHMALLOWS.)

Dammnit! Contest over before it starts…

now I’m hungry!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 77 total)
  • The topic ‘09-29-10 – Just Desserts’ is closed to new replies.