09-29-10 – Just Desserts

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 09-29-10 – Just Desserts

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    Curious
    Participant

p.s. Fish is in two weeks. Next week is Labor Day.

well fiddle de, right you are. guess i was just looking forward to a contest i might have a chance in.

ennuipoet
    Participant

If it makes anyone feel better, I am so not happy with anything I am submitting tonight. I really don’t have a feel for still life. I know, I should work on it in contest like this but the arranging, the tweaking the lights, all when I could be outside playing.

zincprincess
    Participant

I’m trying something different for tonight’s contest. I am going solely on the opinion of my 4-year old. I gave her seven choices and am going with her top three. We’ll see how the voting goes with this strategy. It’s got to be better than me picking.

olavf
    Participant

They don’t have to be still lifes ennuipoet

/Right?

Pope_Larry_II
    Participant

Oh, I’m going for vote whoring. I’ve got pics of my niece’s first birthday and the ensuing cake “eating”. I have to narrow it down to one, I’ll be relying on my wife to help with selecting which pic to submit. The rest are just what I could pull off with short notice, as last week’s scheduled baking did not happen.

clouddancer
    Participant

I’m vote whoring on fish. A 3-month-old in a onesie with a fish on it saying “I’m a keeper” is totally vote whoring, especially when his fat cheeks are bulged out with him smiling. what? it’s a fish!

Was going to go with my 4-year-old eating cookies, but the shots didn’t come out as I planned. Going with what I’ve posted earlier in the thread though anyway. I may not garner many votes, but they were what I planned on using. Not going to archive dig for my 4-year-old eating his first cake (which was hilarious, as every 1-year-old is when they have cake for the first time).

mopsy
    Participant

I just wanted to take the time to thank all of you who offered your thoughts and prayers for my husband’s surgery and recovery. It was such a shock, as I had left him just fine on Saturday morning to go and visit our son and daughter who both live in Green Bay. When I got the call after 10:00 at night that our hospital was sending my husband to Bellin Hospital in Green Bay by ambulance, my first question was, “Why.” He had a blood clot in an aneurisim in an artery and no blood was getting to his foot. He was operated on by two surgeons for just under 5 hours. He’s on the mend but it will be a long recovery. The major incision runs the length of his leg with two small 5″ incisions in the groin area. He has 50 staples that come out tomorrow. I don’t think this is going to be fun.

Kestrana
    Participant

Yikes!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

omg that makes me cringe just reading it. Poor guy. Speedy recovery (as speedy as possible) to him.

ennuipoet
    Participant

ouch mopsy glad the surgery went OK and here’s hoping for speedy recovery!

ennuipoet
    Participant

They don’t have to be still lifes ennuipoet

/Right?

Well, one of mine (the only one I like) isn’t but I simply procrastinated searching out subjects and went with a couple of still lifes.

Curious
    Participant

gosh mopsy that sounds horrible. glad he’s mending and hope the recovery goes well.

linguine
    Participant
    Zero_Exponent
    Participant

😳

Elsinore, please delete my screwups, thanks.

SilverStag
    Participant

There’s some great stuff up already! This is gonna be a good one, I surmise.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 77 total)
  • The topic ‘09-29-10 – Just Desserts’ is closed to new replies.