09-29-10 – Just Desserts

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 09-29-10 – Just Desserts

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    olavf
    Participant

I’m really just not much of a dessert person, so there’s not much in my cooking repertoire =P

I grill. My wife bakes.

And, oh boy, does she bake…

(Harmless? They’re CAFFEINATED MARSHMALLOWS.)

Awesome shots. They even look tasty to me 😉

Zero_Exponent
    Participant

Looking at this before breakfast was a mistake. Now I want cookie! Ah, well, giving blood today, so you’re supposed to eat something sweet to maintain glucose levels, right?

I used to work in a bakery years ago, no dessert pics from there for this contest though.
    DO(UG)H!

orionid
    Participant

(Harmless? They’re CAFFEINATED MARSHMALLOWS.)

He’s a sailor. This is New York. We just have to get him laid, how hard can that be?

ravnostic
    Participant

He’s a sailor. This is New York. We just have to get him laid, how hard can that be?

mind out of the gutter…mind out of the gutter…mind out of the gutter…

/turnabout is fair…

ravnostic
    Participant

Well, I now have 10 individually wrapped Twinkies and 12 individually wrapped Ding-dongs, if the packaging is to be believed. In the pantry I find corn syrup, cocoa powder, chocolate chip morsels, and assorted baking supplies (flour, sugar, etc).

*sigh*

I’ll have to come up with something. If I can keep my average up, this contest will put me over 1000 total votes.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Well, it’s looking like I’m going to have to sit this one out, as much as I hate how it’ll affect my stats :(. I have no usable archive shots and while I have a couple of ideas for new shots, I’m all out of stock on free time.

First, my photography “workload” shooting my son’s football games just doubled. He’s on the “B” team (they don’t call it that, but that’s what it is), which we’re perfectly happy with. He doesn’t have any NFL aspirations and gets more field time on the “B” squad. But he just got asked to play special teams on the “A” squad, so now I’ve got a game to shoot on Mondays AND Tuesdays.

But that’s a drop in the bucket compared to the real time sponge. I’m having to redo the flooring in a rental I have after the last tenant evidently used it as a kennel and surprise, surprise, laying 1100sq ft of vinyl plank and laminate flooring is taking a lot longer than I first thought it might. I don’t know why I still fall for that since almost every handyman project I’ve ever taclked has taken at least double my first estimates.

Anyway, good luck to everyone this week! Hopefully I’ll be back in time for the next one.

ennuipoet
    Participant

Just finished shooting for this week….to much sugar, much to much, oh so much sugar, shouldn’t have drank the coffee with all that sugar, shouldn’t have at my subjects after drinking the coffee, so much sugar…

/Lake Titicaca…

orionid
    Participant

Bungggggghooole….. bung hole….

U-Man
    Participant

I haven’t been around the farktography for a week or so. And to think I might have missed something…

I am Cornholio! T.P. for my bunghole!

/sorry Mopsy. It’s, um, from a vintage MTV cartoon. Beavis and Butthead.

U-Man
    Participant

I have a few. Nothing I am super excited about.

Found this one during the archive search. I don’t think I’ll use it (but, who knows, the Fark crowd might like it). It was my oldest girl’s 7th birthday. She was blowing out the candles and put up the sneaky cupped-left-hand defense so that her little sister could blow too.

http://photos.imageevent.com/ulle17/fark/Blocked_2082.jpg

wrayvynn
    Participant

/Lake Titicaca…

LOL

ravnostic
    Participant

I have a few. Nothing I am super excited about.

Found this one during the archive search. I don’t think I’ll use it (but, who knows, the Fark crowd might like it). It was my oldest girl’s 7th birthday. She was blowing out the candles and put up the sneaky cupped-left-hand defense so that her little sister could blow too.

http://photos.imageevent.com/ulle17/fark/Blocked_2082.jpg

I love candid shots.

I actually am sorta excited for this one. After a retake session, I think I’ve done well with at least one picture. The other two will at least be unique. I think.

orionid
    Participant

I still have nothing. The closest I have in the archives are pink tacos (euphemism implied) and holiday spirits, the latter having already been used (and is eliminated due to text placement).

I do have a few last-second ideas, though, and am making the requisite shopping stops on the way home.

Curious
    Participant

well phooey, just realized that tonight isn’t fish. the up side is i have a week for better fish pictures but for tonight i’ve got [strike]crap[/strike] nothing good. and little desire to run to the store, get ingredients, bake, shoot, reshoot …… well you get the idea. i might post the crap just to enter but … no my stats are bad enough recently as it is.

found a way to make two not completely suck and will enter them. if nothing else no one will have shots like mine.

clouddancer
    Participant

I had half a mind to photograph the desserts section in the bakery, but never got up the gall to do it. Lots of cakes there. 🙂 I’m going with what I already have.

p.s. Fish is in two weeks. Next week is Labor Day.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 77 total)
  • The topic ‘09-29-10 – Just Desserts’ is closed to new replies.