10-07-09 – Farktography Classic: Black and White 2

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 10-07-09 – Farktography Classic: Black and White 2

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 141 total)
  • Author
    Debug
    Participant

First time entering one of these contests. Both images shot on Polaroid B&W slide film with Mamiya 645 Super, 35mm film back and 80mm lens

http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv206/Dweedlebug/imagew2.jpg
    http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv206/Dweedlebug/untitled.jpg

justkat
    Participant

wow. went from 5th to 31st overnight. ouch.

nobigdeal
    Participant

The voters here never cease to amaze me….

Just bumped ya to 28th FWIW

🙂

monsieurstabby
    Participant

Sometimes I think I have wildly different taste in photos than most of the voters. It’s always impossible to predict which will do well in these contests.

soosh
    Participant

yeah, my standings didn’t improve any either.

jpatten
    Participant

Some really Great pictures People. Wow .. I only wish mine measured up to the standards of some of these

love love love the sharpness on that lightbulb. that sounds like a weird compliment now that i see it in type. i like the curves too. neat pic.

how’d that ghostly girl pic come to be? weird effects like that, i like to see an explanation with them…

On the lightbulb pic thanks!.. I really like that one too

The ghost girl is my daughter. We were up at a local state park and i had been doing some Long exposure shots of the falls and streams. So I did one of the kids playing on the steps. She sat still for several seconds before taking off. THe other blurs are the kids running around.
    I think I was at like f22 or something AND had a CP filter on.

Now off to check my standings

Kestrana
    Participant

Contests like these are a great lesson in humility and also a reminder that I do love taking pictures no matter the twinge of disappointment if they aren’t viewed as amazing by everyone else.

Kiroh
    Participant

Given the sheer number of great photos in this contest, I’m pleasantly surprised that I’ve received as many votes as I have!

Of course, I’m not that hard to please… It feels great if a photo of mine gets even 1 vote!

jpatten
    Participant

There is that. running 30th currently. I should feel good about that

advisorgee
    Participant

U-Man

I really like the way the smoking one turned out. The look in her eyes is great.

Kiroh
    Participant

I agree! If I could only vote for one that would likely be the one I would have chosen.

clouddancer
    Participant

At least someone likes my pictures. All of them have at least 1 vote. Granted, I’m happy about the 1 vote, but after last week’s 21 votes and sharing 11th place for that 1 picture, this is going to be somewhat of a let down, especially since I’m in the 100s.

That said, the sheer volume of this contest plus all the awesomeness I do see is really great.

U-Man – Love your smoking shot, too.

JP – That light bulb shot is really cool. It took me a bit to figure out what exactly it was, but I’m impressed.

justkat
    Participant

clouddancer – you are really improving, and with a curve that everybody can see. we all have ups and downs (well, except maybe U-Man and Elisinore 😉 ). i told my daughter once that my votes per contest graph looked like a rollercoaster and she said “A *fun* rollercoaster mama!” *facepalm* yes, yes indeed. =P So even though my total votes are hardly in the suckage quantity, I still have weeks were I go “tell me again why I entered?” You have many good contests ahead of you.

jpatten
    Participant

Morningbreath
    I have a similar one I considered converting and using. It would have been Very very similar to yours though

lokisbong
    Participant

First time entering one of these contests. Both images shot on Polaroid B&W slide film with Mamiya 645 Super, 35mm film back and 80mm lens

http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv206/Dweedlebug/imagew2.jpg
    http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv206/Dweedlebug/untitled.jpg

Since no one else seems to have noticed you yet Hi! and welcome. Those are nice in my opinion. Although I’m not sure how much thats worth. My best shot this week is in 63rd place. A whole lot of very good shots this week for sure. Too many to call out here.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 141 total)
  • The topic ‘10-07-09 – Farktography Classic: Black and White 2’ is closed to new replies.