10-07-09 – Farktography Classic: Black and White 2

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 10-07-09 – Farktography Classic: Black and White 2

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 141 total)
  • Author
    U-Man
    Participant

advisorgee and kiroh and clouddancer – Thanks. 🙂 I’m pretty happy with it too. It’s not as gritty as in my minds eye, but it works.

Clouddancer, I agree with JK. You’re definitely headed in the right direction. Keep taking pics and looking for stuff that works for you and others. Come here and ask advice. That worked with the minimalism theme.

kiroh, welcome. I’m thinking you have a good ‘eye’. I’ll be watching for your stuff in upcoming themes.

debug, I think like the gas pump one better than the flowers. I’d like to see both of them in larger size though.

This has been one of my favorite themes in a while. So many good shots.

Morningbreath
    Participant

Morningbreath
    I have a similar one I considered converting and using. It would have been Very very similar to yours though

I like the photo, and considered entering it in a few contests, but it works best in black and white, because unconverted, the colors are muted. I am surprised it did as well as it did-its in second place as a post this; because there were a ton of great photos in this contest, , and stairwell pictures have shown up in a lot of themes….But then again, so has pretty much everything else.

/it was taken at the Original Cheers bar in Boston: there is a a back stair that leads to apartments. its a neat building.

Debug
    Participant

debug, I think like the gas pump one better than the flowers. I’d like to see both of them in larger size though.

I’ll see if I can get some higher res, larger images up when I get home today. I posted those from work yesterday and all I had access to was what was on my facebook page. The gas pump looks better in sepia, in my opinion.

Kiroh
    Participant

kiroh, welcome. I’m thinking you have a good ‘eye’. I’ll be watching for your stuff in upcoming themes.

Thanks! I’m looking forward to the next one. Image manipulation is something I’m not terribly good at, and the contest is a perfect excuse to work on it.

Curious
    Participant

i always wait a couple of days before voting. so it’s been a couple of days and i scroll down the contest voting for those i like.

holy crap, a q&d count of the votes given is 65 -70 !!!!!!!!!! never voted for so many.

millera9
    Participant

Hey ya’all, just wanted to say thank you to everyone for the votes. It’s a pretty amazing feeling to see so many comments about the high quality of the entries in general and to then click over to the results thread and see two of my shots in the top three. I turned 26 today and that is definitely one of the best gifts I will receive. 🙂

Morningbreath
    Participant

Happy birthday, millera9.

nobigdeal
    Participant

Hey ya’all, just wanted to say thank you to everyone for the votes. It’s a pretty amazing feeling to see so many comments about the high quality of the entries in general and to then click over to the results thread and see two of my shots in the top three. I turned 26 today and that is definitely one of the best gifts I will receive. 🙂

Happy B day!

Your shots were great that why.

lokisbong
    Participant

yeah. Happy b-day millera9. they are both very good pictures. my best went down the place scale also but at least I got more votes than the last couple weeks. Kinda surprised the shot of my friends kid got so few votes but there is no figuring out what will get votes.

Kestrana
    Participant

Happy Birthday! I’m glad you linked the larger version of your pictures because on the initial scroll I was kinda meh about them but then when I clicked larger it was simply amazing.

thepostess
    Participant

Happy Birthday Miller.

As others have said, those shot were great. I favorited Denali when you first posted it to flickr. Stunning shot.

orionid
    Participant

Happy B’day, dude.

As far as this week, I’m pretty pleased. Even though I keep flirting with and dropping out of the top 10, I’ve definately got consistency. At last look, all three of my shots had 23 votes.

Debug
    Participant
    U-Man
    Participant

Debug, the flowers don’t really work for me. I can’t put my finger on why. I do like the gas pump though. I like the larger size. You’ll notice that some of us put in pop-links to larger sizes in the Fark thread. I think it helps. millera9’s pic is a great example. The small size is OK, but as soon as you pop it – wow – #1 photo.

miller, happy belated b-day. I don’t know why, but I pictured you older than 26. Strong work this week.

olavf
    Participant

The trick to popping is to get enough interest in the 640x pic to make the reader pop it. I know that tends to be my downfall – my building interior pic this week is a good example of that IMO.

/and happy belated birthday miller, and congrats on this weeks contest

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 141 total)
  • The topic ‘10-07-09 – Farktography Classic: Black and White 2’ is closed to new replies.