10-13-10 – Fish

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 136 total)
  • Author
    olavf
    Participant

My vote is for seats (or something else in the hopper that’s open like that), partially because I think it could be pulled off faster by most folks, and partially because I think it’d make far less of a mess of the schedule anyway (less confusion, less work for Els, etc.).

I’m cool either way though

lokisbong
    Participant

Have a Seat it is then?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

That’s what I’d like to do. If there are no objections by midnight eastern tonight, I’ll switch it.

soosh
    Participant

“fish” leaves a lot open to the imagination. I’m thinking of photographing a squid ranch, or perhaps the great fish stick migration.

olavf
    Participant

Have a Seat it is then?

Tiny Spanish cars. 128mph tops. Meh.

Hot volleyball cheerleaders, though.

😉

olavf
    Participant

“fish” leaves a lot open to the imagination. I’m thinking of photographing a squid ranch, or perhaps the great fish stick migration.

Oh, trust me. I have some ideas…I may have to run the shots by Els though, just to make sure they’re copacetic. There’s nothing I can pull off in a week though.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Show us fish in ponds, aquariums, out of water, etc.

Theme suggestion kudos go to tiffopotamus!

*************************************************************************************************

I don’t always want to be the “I’m not ready yet” whiner… But c’mon, fish on 12 days notice? I may have to sit this one out, just because I don’t know if I’m going to be able to find enough fish to come up with good entries in the next 12 days. 🙁 This is a double difficulty whammy, no matter what it says in the description. First, it ain’t easy to make a fish picture interesting, period; and Second, it’s not like they grow on trees. That I could probably do. Anyone know of any Fish Tree grottoes in Northern California? 😛

But, ya know, I’m only one farktographer, and if I’m the only one that feels like this isn’t enough time, then I’ll face it like a man… er, so to speak.

(Edited by Elsinore to add the theme description at the top of the thread. Sorry for the hijack, justkat!)

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Show us fish in ponds, aquariums, out of water, etc.

Theme suggestion kudos go to tiffopotamus!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Ok, hopefully I’m doing this correctly, and all the “Fish” discussion stuff from the other thread is about to be moved here.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Ok, so I did not think my clever plan through. I split off the posts from the original Fish thread thinking I was being all smart, but when I went to merge them into the official Fish thread (this one), it FUBAR’d because I can’t move posts around–they’re only listed by date–so the theme description got buried. I added the theme description to justkat‘s post at the top of the thread.

LeicaLens
    Participant

Have a Seat it is then?

😉

No, we’ve combined “Fish” and “Seats” now, so it’s Fiats.

Tiny Italian cars. 128mph tops. Meh.

olavf
    Participant

Have a Seat it is then?

😉

No, we’ve combined “Fish” and “Seats” now, so it’s Fiats.

Tiny Italian cars. 128mph tops. Meh.

Except that Fiat owns Maserati and Ferarri and Alfa now… 😀

orionid
    Participant

And Chrysler.

olavf
    Participant

And Chrysler.

Probably one of the smartest things the Germans ever did.

ennuipoet
    Participant

I hope all of you are happy! I had Abe Vigoda all set for this contest, he was looking forward to it! Now, he’ll probably be dead before it goes live…have none of you any respect for Mr Vigoda?

/ 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 136 total)
  • The topic ‘10-13-10 – Fish’ is closed to new replies.